Chapter 270
7.5k 6 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright, you saved us for a bit. Don’t think we owe you anything!” The boy said angrily.

With the girl in my arms, I realized that she had injured her wrists. I pulled it out even as she tried to hide it and instantly used heal on it until it was back to normal. She looked up at me wide-eyed.

“Yo-you’re a white mage?”

My eyes widened in shock. “Ah! Yes? I’m surprised you know what that is. Noone else in Aberis seems to recognize the job.

“Aberis… hmph!” The man snorted. “With their priests, why would they foster the noble art of the white mage. I can tell, you’re quite a powerful white mage too. I’m a bit impressed. I’d never expected a human to go down such a selfless path.”

“I don’t know about that. I just prefer to support people than put my life on the line.”

The Esmere boy crossed his arms thoughtfully, “Yet, you ran in here to help us after hearing a scream.”

“Hah… well…”

“Well, I’d never look at a priest to clean out a place of evil spirits. They’re much better at trapping things that purifying them. However, since White mage has appeared himself, would you mind taking care of our problem here?” He asked.

“It’s not that I’m not willing, but we were actually on our way to the banquet at Lord Tibult’s. We’re going to be late if we take the time to purify your house.”

“We? Ah! You must be one of those competitors, hmm? How brutish of a system to elect lords based on their ability to beat up people.”

“True… but I’m trying to get my city recognized and supported by Aberis. I’m sort of the undeclared Lord of Chalm.”

“Chalm?” He said thoughtfully. “Haven’t heard of it.”

I let out a tight smile. “Well, it’s a small city in the wildlands between Aberis and Dioshin.”

“Hmm… Well… as it were, we were planning on heading to the banquet as well. So, how about you come with us.” The Esmere offered.

“Oh, ah… sure… I guess…”

“After the banquet, if you have time, you can purify our mansion of the curse.” He nodded.

I smiled wryly. It looked like he was another pushy guy that would get what he wanted out of you. I didn’t mind helping him. If he was the representative to another country, having a good rapport with him would only be good for Chalm. The three of us closed the door of the currently cursed mansion, putting aside that mystery for the moment.

I rejoined the girls outside. “These are… um… sorry, I didn’t really catch your names.”

“You can call me Pait.” The boy announced. “And this is my servant, Dav.”

The four girls greeted Pait politely. He seemed more impressed that I was traveling with these four women.

“Incredible, an Earth Golem, A tigerkin, A Sylph, and a 9-tailed fox? You keep some interesting company, my boy. If you keep it up, I might form a different opinion when it comes to your species.”

“Uh, thank you?”

They were a strange lot, but they were the first people I’ve seen in the city that seemed somewhat friendly. The six of us headed to mansion. However, no sooner had we reached the front door when a guard leveled a spear at us.

“You… you’re not allowed in this mansion. Now, scram!”

118