Chapter 278
6.8k 4 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I shook my head wryly. “I wouldn’t call this a blessing. It has its uses.”

I accessed the dungeon point store. Although I was the only one who could see it, when I was accessing the store, the tattoos on my skin glowed. The one wrapped around my leg suddenly shone with light. Eliana who was holding it let it fall to the table with a thud and made a noise of surprise. However, a moment later a pretty smile formed on her face as she stared at the glowing tattoo. She reached out towards it, gently touching the skin.

“It’s beautiful.” She said, the glow of it in her eyes.

I didn’t like the way she was talking or looking at me, so I quickly exited the store, causing the light to instantly go out. She looked somewhat disappointed. I pulled my leg off the table.

“There was a glow on your shoulder too!” The prince declared in disbelief. “Just how many of these guys do you have.”

I grimaced. “To date… three.”

“Three…” He sat back, an expression of disbelief on his face.

“What are they, though?” Pait demanded.

“I got this tattoo when I completed the lore of the dungeon in Chalm,” I explained, pointing to my shoulder. “When that tattoo burned itself on me, it also gave me a perk. I could not have a slave removed from me.”

“Completed the lore.” The prince’s eyes widened. “You’re a True Dungeon Diver then?”

I nodded without hesitating. “I am.”

“Are you honestly going to listen to this?” Lord Tibult slammed the table angrily. “We know very little about this guy. He seemingly came out of nowhere a few months ago. Now you’re offering to make him a lord? And on top of that, he’s claiming he has the hero status and a True Dungeon Diver job? This is ridiculous! Besides, he registered under the White Mage job, whatever that is. Had he gotten the True Dungeon Diver Job, it’d clearly be his favored job.”

“Favored Jobs are tricky.” The Prince shrugged uncertainly. “He might have had a priest change his job. Or the level of White Mage has a higher priority than even True Dungeon Diver. Of course, determining if he has the True Dungeon Diver Job is a simple matter of asking a priest. We’ll confirm that with time, but for the moment, we treat it as if he has spoken the truth.”

“I have.” I insisted.

“Hmmm…” Lord Tibult glared unhappily.

“As for your problem being unable to get rid of the slaves, I’ve come up with various means of getting around this curse.” The prince responded casually.

“What?” I sat up. “I have been trying to come up with a way forever. How have you already thought of something?”

He put on a grin. “I am the prince, after all. It’s my job to be clever and decisive.”

That got an eye roll from his sister. However, he had intrigued me, so I leaned forward to ask.

“Alright then, what is the plan?”

“Cut it off.”

I blinked. “What?”

“We can see where the lore is, clearly. Simply cut it out. With the leg, it’s easy. A quick chop and you’ll be free. It’ll be a little more difficult for the shoulder, but a skilled swordsman and perhaps some nearby healing potions and he could chop off your shoulder without killing you.”

“Pass!” I immediately dismissed it, it was no wonder I hadn’t thought of it, such a horrible idea!

“Some healers are of sufficient skill to regrow limbs. You need not be an invalid for the rest of your life.”

“I said pass!”

He let out a sigh. “Well, I have another idea, but I don’t think you’ll like it any better.”

“What is that?” I demanded, feeling a sense of foreboding.

“We kill the girl. Remove her dead slave mark while it is no longer connected to you, and then resurrect her.”

107