Chapter 285
6.9k 8 104
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was a long row of desks that were manned by people that appeared to be the place where I could get information. I walked up to a free one and nodded to the man behind the counter.

“Hey, I’m in need of registering two slaves. I was also wondering if I could get a consultation with a Slave Master or someone knowledgeable about slave seals.”

 The guy behind the counter sneered. “You think a Slave Master would come out to see just anyone? If you want to buy a slave, there are auctions all around you, as long as you have the coin.”

“Um… no, as I said, I need to register slaves I already have,” I said uncertainly over the guy’s glare.

“You’re speaking nonsense.” He sniffed. “No slave traders are allowed to function in this country without the permission of the slave guild.  If you have a slave bonded to you, this meant you had to have a slave trader or slave master involved to perform the magic. If you did, they should have properly submitted the paperwork for you. If you feel the paperwork has not been properly submitted, then please let me know who the slave trader was you acquired your slave from and I will submit a request for you. If the slave mark does not designate you as the slave owner, then please bring the original slave owner. If they are dead and did not leave a clause to release the slaves upon death, then the slaves default to the property of the guild and we will take care of them accordingly.”

The guy was like a steam engine, not giving me a single chance to butt in. I was feeling very irritated at this point. I just wanted someone to fill out the paperwork, and this guy was so convinced he was right.

“Look, I have two slaves. They weren’t purchased. They are slaves to me. They do have a mark. Can you just help me compile some paperwork for them?”

“How were these slaves passed on to you without the intervention of a slave trader?” He demanded.

He was scowling now, and I noticed him wave to two guards. They took steps forward toward us while holding his swords. The girls felt the change in the mood too. Lydia touched her sword nervously, and Terra looked ready to chew rocks. The man was giving me a severe look, demanding an explanation. I was told by Figuro not to reveal my slave taker ability or the fact I had the Slave Master job to anyone. The Slaver’s Guild is definitely the last place I’d want to have this information.

On the other hand, I couldn’t think of a single way to justify the two girls. How could I explain to them that one of the girls was enslaved by her mother and then taken in a dungeon by me? Perhaps, by showing the control rod, I could at least explain Terra. However, would they accept her as a registered human being? They may deny that status and she may end up being considered a pet. Getting her past this registration was an important part of giving her an identity.

“Um… I…” I couldn’t really come up with anything to say.

“Deek! It’s great to see you again!” A voice called out down the hall.

The guards stopped their advance and the secretary covered his angry expression when he saw a slave trader approaching. It was none other than Figuro himself. I could only let out a breath of relief.

“Figuro, you’re here after all,” I said, trying to alert him to my predicament by shifting my eyes between the guards and my girls.

Figuro, being quick with his eyes, immediately gave a nod and turned to the information guy. “You don’t need to worry. This is a trusted client. I’ll be handling his account personally.”

“Y-yes, sir!” The man almost bowed.

I thought Figuro was just a traveling slave trader, but he apparently had a bit of respect here. Just who was he?

“Come on, Deek, we have much to talk about.” Figuro saved me from a potentially dangerous situation.

104