Chapter 294
6.6k 4 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Faeyna has become your slave.

Class: Management

Job: Head Maid (Slave) LVL 32

Unlocked Jobs: Cook (LVL 10), Maid (LVL 50), Manager (LVL 15), Governess (LVL 18), Basic Magician (LVL 20)

Race: Elf}

While none of her jobs were combat-related, she actually gave me a run for my money when it came to her levels. Lydia, Miki and I had a long way to go. Admittedly, she had 50-60 years to gain those levels, but it still left me feeling a bit weak. For my age, I was probably above average, and considering we were still pretty young, it was probably impressive when compared to seasoned warriors, but I could still have dreams of being the strongest.

After everything was done, I turned to leave the slave market. Faeyna would be traveling with us for today.  I wanted to make sure she knew where everything was. However, after that, I would cut her loose on her own. I’d give her what little money I could get selling everything, and then we’d start needing to fundraise for Chalm and sending people home to help with the reconstruction. I really was starting to feel like a diplomat, dealing with the aristocracy while thinking of the well-being of a place a distance away.

As I reached the door, Figuro grabbed my sleeve. I turned back and he had an uncertain expression on his face. He looked just a tad bit worried.

“What is it?” I asked.

“I hope you understand, I am not permitted to speak with you about previous slave sales or the like,” Figuro explained.

“Um… okay?”

“I just need to warn you. You mentioned your competition with Lord Tibult today. All I can say is that you should be careful. He visited the slave market recently, and if you expect him to be in the same shape he was when you met him in Chalm, you may find yourself surprised. The man will not play fairly, I can guarantee you that.”

I nodded and patted his hand. “I’ll be careful.”

He nodded uncertainly, but still let me go. The six of us walked out of the slave market. My party was actually growing a bit excessive here. It would be nice if we won that mansion. Well, those problems would be resolved tomorrow after the competition. Either I’d be returning to Chalm or I’d become a noble.

After getting down the long stairway that led up to the white-columned plaza, I opened up my map and started looking through it for the next place we needed to go. If my timing was correct, we didn’t have too much longer. Dropping the map, I checked my ring and winced. Without haggle, I really did have a piddling amount of money left. It would be barely enough to last the next few days.

“Master, where do we go now?” Lydia asked, becoming impatient as I seemingly gaze off into space.

I look back at her and smile. “It’s time we come up with a way of bringing in money.”

106