Chapter 301
6.6k 2 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“What do you want with me?” The ninja demanded.

“Ah!” I let out a cough. “Rather, I thought you were a mob. Why were you sneaking around on people in the dungeon? Your not one of those dungeon robbers, are you?”

“Dungeon robbers?”

“You know, the ones who sneak around and try to sabotage parties so that after they die you can steal all of their stuff. This system black marks thieves and murderers, but if you just happen to trip someone and they get eaten by a monster, all their stuff is yours for the taking!”

After having met and dealt with merchants and the nuance of upselling and haggling, I had been considering more ways that people can abuse the system. I realized that dungeons were just a place where you can die without being resurrected, this area was also a place where you could easily get rid of someone you wished to kill. If you were good at it, you could get away with it and not earn a murderer mark that priests could detect.

“I’m not something like that!” She responded defensively.

“So, you didn’t follow us?”

“N-no….” she glanced away.

She was definitely following us! I needed to interrogate her to find out if she was a danger before I let her go again. I still felt a little bad I had let those bandits I had previously captured go after seeing the attack on the city. I think a few of them were involved in the attack and didn’t repent at all. Well, if a person’s nature was so easy to change, there wouldn’t be repeaters going to jail. It still would have been impossible to jail them all, and killing them would have only made them as obstinate as Balrack. Of course, if I killed her here, it would be final, but killing people still made me nauseous to even consider. Let’s just question her for now.

“How did you get a ninja job!”

Ah… that was the question that ended up coming out. I was showing my true colors, it seems.

“What is a ninja?” She demanded. “I’m a dungeon diver! I’m one of the guides. You can ask any of the guards.”

“Oh, just a dungeon diver…” I couldn’t help the disappointed look on my face.

“What is with that look? I’m a level 36 Dungeon Diver! Do you know how rare dungeon divers are?”

“Are they?” I asked the question impulsively, but seeing the look on her face I could see that it was very rare.

It probably wasn’t that it was truly rare, just that it was unlikely for it to be someone’s main job. Even someone who was a dungeon diver and had a lot of levels in it would probably have more levels in some weapon-like job. There was a saying I heard. No one wanted to be a dungeon diver their whole life. Most went until they got injured and then settled on being a guard or an adventurer. By the way, adventurer was a job too that I had yet to earn. I needed to do more adventurer guild tasks if I wanted to earn that job.

As for me, I had True Dungeon Diver, which had most of my experience. I only got Dungeon Diver upon getting True Dungeon Diver, and it hasn’t leveled by a single bit. In other words, I didn’t know the conditions in which Dungeon Diver could level without equipping it as a job and killing mobs. However, I had a theory that True Dungeon Diver was eating the experience that should go to Dungeon Diver.

I was convinced by now that every job leveled, albeit slowly, just by practicing the thing your job is related to whether it was equipped or not. The only difference between a locked job and an unlocked job is that you’ve met the conditions to unlock the job. However, when you had two unlocked jobs that gained experience under the same conditions, the higher tier job would get the experience. This is why, despite casting spells, only White Mage ability leveled while Basic Magician didn’t do anything unless I equipped it as one of my jobs.

While I was contemplating all of this stuff while receiving the pouty glare of a ninja, there was a sudden ringing sound. Although the sound was strange. It seemed to be coming from everywhere while at the same time I felt like I could pinpoint and follow the source.

“It’s an Alarm!” The ninja suddenly called out, ‘Another party is in trouble!”

109