Chapter 331
6.4k 4 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“The last competition was a tie.” The Prince explained. “Since the last event was a tie, I think it’s best if the winner of this event is the final winner.”

If he didn’t propose this method, either team would need to win the next two events in order to come out on top. Given our current path, it seemed just as likely each of us would win one, and then where would we be? By making this final event the end, it would lead to no sudden deaths. The prince seemed slightly disappointed by this. Perhaps he had something really enjoyable planned that he was now going to skip.

“I accept.” The Slave Master said after a thought.

“As do I…” I added.

I had honestly not known all the tricks the Slave Master had up his sleeve. I just didn’t want to torture my girls anymore with these tests. They were too difficult and two violent.

“This one is very easy. Slaves, all of you must come up on the stage. Yes… into the Bond Breaking formation.”

All of the girls made it up. Between healing and potions, everyone had recovered the majority of their strength, so all the girls were able to walk up with their backs strong.

“The nature of this last test is simple. I want to know what you want. Each of you must answer a question. Do you want to be a slave to your Master, or do you want to be free? Anyone who requests freedom, this Prince himself will pay the cost and make it happen myself! You are under no bonds, no requirements, and no restrictions. Your Master cannot hurt you here, or coerce you, or influence you with their skills. I want your honestly, direct and simple.”

As he explained the final test, Lord Tibult’s face began to turn white. However, the Slave Master seemed completely at ease, causing him to worry.

“You’re highness…” Lord Tibult tried to speak up.

“Deek has five followers, while you only have three. You could say he’s already disadvantaged here, wouldn’t you? That is, unless… Lord Tibult fears his slave’s loyalty?”

Lord Tibult lowered his head, unable to say anything about these final conditions.

“We’ll start with Deek’s team this time.” The Prince declared, first looking at the elf girl.

“Do you wish to be Deek’s slave, or freed?”

Faeyna smiled helplessly, “Of course, only in slavery do I feel I can be safe.”

“What if I could ensure your safety?” The prince asked. “Would you wish to have your freedom?”

She shook for a second. “Even if you promised…”

“I would hire you in my Palace, and give two elite guards to watch you at all times.” He declared.

“Hey… what’s the big idea?” I said, angrily.

The Prince seemed to have had my back from the beginning, but suddenly it almost felt like he wanted me to fail.

The Prince turned to me and shook his head. “I need to know the truth. Don’t you?”

I lowered my head. I felt frustrated, but in my heart, I knew he was right. This is what I wanted, right? I wanted to know if the girls really wanted to be with me. Up until now, my perks as a slave master had, even if subconsciously, caused them to lean towards me. Since I had been to this world, I had always worried if they truly cared for me. Now, I’d finally hear the answer.

“If my safety could be guaranteed,” Faeyna said hesitantly, then shooting me an apologetic look. “Then naturally, wouldn’t I choose freedom?”

105