Chapter 366
5.9k 2 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It turned out that they simply wanted clarification on the orders. “Yeah, it’d be nice if you could make the most protective parts out of mithril. Well, I might be able to get some orichalcum for you. I actually don’t know what is stronger. What do you think?”

I looked over to see the three shaking. Even the mayor was giving me a dubious look.

“Th-this might be stuff that can be done in the Capitol… no, I’d say even that was impossible!” The blacksmith cried out.

“These enchantments you want… they are completely outside my capabilities!”

“Even with the enchanter’s help, your clothing desires are too complex!”  The seamstress declared.

“Ah… really… I thought the problem was money or supplies though… I can probably get you the mithril…”

“It’s not!” All three yelled at the same time.

The blacksmith took a breath. “I’m sorry, my lord, but other than accidentally in dungeons, most of the things you want can only be forged by Magic Blacksmiths. These are genius Masters. As far as how many exist in Aberis, I’ve only heard the name of two. Even the royal family has to beg them to make something!

“As for enchanting stuff, I can only manage basic enchantments. Charms really. You’d need a top-tier enchanter for the stuff you want to make.”

“Even with a top-tier enchanter, unless they are also a seamstress, the clothing you imagine is impossible. I can’t simply make it and then have it be enchanted. The person who makes it must also be a skilled seamstress in their own right to be able to properly embed the enchantment into the fibers.”

“I thought after you made that shadow cloak…”

“Heh… well, that’s a bit different since the material itself already contained the essence of the enchantment. Still, that was my pride and joy! It was an article of clothing I only expect to be able to make once in my entire life!”

“Ah… really?” I scratched my head awkwardly.

“So, please continue to look after it, okay?”

That shadow cloak was one I gave to Lydia. It was obliterated by Shao during their fight. Should I tell her that? No, I probably shouldn’t tell her that.

“I won’t let Lydia use it anymore,” I assured her, wiping the sweat from my brow.

“Well, since you understand, I can only provide simple clothing. I have Lydia, Miki, and Celeste’s measurements. In fact, I have more things made for them. I will need to get the other girls if you wish for them to also have proper garbs.” Thankfully, she moved on.

“Same. I can make armor, but anything beyond steel is impossible for me. If you do find an expert, well, I’m too old to learn from them, but perhaps you can put in a good word for my apprentice? They may still be able to become one in the future. As for me, Chalm has had me making arms for the militia. I’ve already had my plate full with swords, arrowheads, and armor to last a lifetime, so don’t feel like they’d be redundant. If I just worked on horseshoes the rest of my life, It’d be an honor to work in the same town as a master.

Why are they talking like I’ve already found a magic blacksmith and an enchanter? Well, I’ll keep those things in mind. We spoke a little more and then they all rushed back to their shops to get as much of what I requested as possible.

As for me, I needed a magic blacksmith, an enchanter, and two knights to help take care of Chalm. Should I give Figuro another call? Well, maybe later.

We really didn’t have a lot of time. The sun was only halfway to the horizon when we collected everything we could. Everyone had backpacks again. Although I still had my storage ring, for a group of six, it lacked a little. We didn’t want to be deficient for anything. Fortunately, the backpacks were all enchanted with weight decreasing spells.

I created a portal and we returned to the mansion in the Capitol. It was time to head to the Widow’s Dungeon to find a king.

106