Chapter 369
5.8k 1 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We ended up in a smaller Adventuring guild. There was a secretary behind the counter, but there was no one else in the guild at the moment to greet us.

“Raissa, have you ever been to the Widow’s Dungeon before?”

“Wh-wh-why do you ask?” She responded with a squeak.

“Aren’t you our guide?”

“Ah! Y-yes, of course!” She blushed. “Y-yes. This is the dungeon I spent most of my youth. Then, it was just a young Dungeon. Only, twenty floors. Alerith is actually better known for its Gladiator ring.”

“Do you know how many floors it has now?” I asked.

“Widow’s Dungeon should have thirty floors. A newborn dungeon is created at 10 floors. However, it takes about ten years to stabilize. After that, dungeons grow at around 1 a year. This dungeon has existed for thirty years, so it should have about 30 levels.”

“Is that how it works?” I pondered.

I had actually predicted something like this, but I didn’t know about the stabilization period. Still, a thirty floor was going to be difficult. Mina’s Dungeon was likely only 10 floors large. It was a new dungeon that had just formed. Meanwhile, Karr’s Dungeon had been 30 levels deep. Terra’s Dungeon was deeper, but it had been strangled for many years with mana depletion magic and couldn’t compare. Thus, I had to imagine that Widow’s Dungeon resembled Karr’s Dungeon in length and difficulty.

That actually shouldn’t be too difficult for us. That left me wondering if we could handle it, how could an S-class King and a large raid not be able to take care of the boss. Even with just the six of us working together, I was confident we could have taken the dark fairy queen now, and we weren’t even the strongest out there. I asked the Prince at one point what he thought our fighting ability was at, and he said that it seemed to be around a B-ranked party.

Despite that, we’re technically only an E-rank party. I hadn’t completed very many quests for the adventuring guild, so our party rank was severely lacking. By the way, we should have been F-ranked. The only reason we weren’t an F-rank is because of the size of the party. If you had five people, even if they lacked skill, it became an E rank, because even F ranked adventurers, if you gathered enough of them, should be able to perform an E rank job.

I finished going over the map of Alerith I had copied into my map ability. “Before we attempt to enter the Widow’s Dungeon, we’ll need to visit the local lord. Prince Aberis said that if we didn’t greet Count Reign, that it would cause more problems down the line.”

“C-count Reign?” Raissa’s face started to turn white.

“What is it?” I asked curiously.

“Ah, n-nothing.” She looked resistant to talk.

“If it’s important to the quest at hand, I’ll need to know.” I decided to coerce her just a little.

“It’s just… Count Reign… you see… he was my Master when I was still a slave!”

103