Chapter 380
5.8k 3 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Once the golems noticed us appear behind them, they started to try to turn around, but they were clunky and slow. Once we reached the dungeon, they would be unable to follow us. That didn’t mean this wasn’t still a risk. Had there been a break in golems for some reason, and a second unseen army suddenly popped up in front of us, we’d have golems on both sides. At that point, I might use a portal to send the girls back and then use that invisibility hoping I could sneak my way through. Fortunately, that didn’t seem to be a problem, as we were able to continue forward unhindered.

In the meantime, I checked everyone’s status to see what progress we had made. These may have only been level five mobs, but there were almost fifty of them. The girls took down about six by themselves. To me, that would have been the equivalent of 60, and to them, it’d have been about 24 with 4X slave experience. I wasn’t sure how the other 50 counted. I’d like to think we’d get a little bit of experience.

As it turned out, high defense seemed to coincide with a lot of experience. White Mage increased to 27, slave master increased to 20, and Cook was already up to 12. I’m sorry, Faeyna, I’ve already outpaced you there. My level 27 White Mage skill was Sanctify Water. I pulled out some water, sanctified it, and then used an item identify on it. The result was holy water, which had a slight healing and mana restoring property, and likely dealt damage to undead. If compared to the water of life, it was basically garbage, but it was still better than nothing.

As for Slave Master, I got the ability Strengthen Slave, which from what I understood was simply a spell I could cast which would temporarily make a slave stronger. It would work well on Terra, especially when she’s holding back a powerful opponent. The second item made me almost jump for joy. Slave 2nd Job. So, my slaves could now have two jobs set. This was truly something I was hoping for. Did that mean 2nd job was a skill I might be able to learn eventually? It was probably in Hero or True Hero.

When it came to Cook, I ended up gaining several abilities I already had from alchemy, such as combination and mixing. I also got Moderate Cooking, Increase Cook Speed, and Food Intuition. Until I started cooking something, I could only guess what any of those meant.

“Hey, girls, I’m going to do something to you in a second. Please bear with it.”

“Master can do whatever he wants to me!” Lydia declared.

Of course, I equipped a second job for each of them. The sudden surge of being supported by another job could be felt by each of them. I gave Lydia the Scout job. She was now level 40 swordsman with a level 15 scout equipped. For Miki, I equipped Basic Magician. She was now a spiritualist level 36 and a level 15 basic magician. Celeste’s Wind Magic had risen drastically to level 15. I also decided to equip Enchanter, because I had hopes that she could help with that.

Terra was the most surprising, as she had gained numerous new jobs. Earth Manipulator was level 51, but she also had Mineral Appraiser, Naturalist, and Earth Summoner. I ended up equipping Earth Summoner for her. She must have gotten Mineral Appraisal when she weakened the earth, naturalist when she used it to search for herbs, and Earth Summoner might be the next evolution of Earth Manipulator. That was all conjecture, I had no clue.

Shao had Gladiator and Shadow Knight equipped. Gladiator was level 48, so if Gladiator ended up unlocking something at level 50, I had yet to see it. By the time I was done fumbling through our jobs and checking out the stuff I had gained, we appeared at the end of the tunnel. We’d finally reached the Widow’s Dungeon.

103