Chapter 396
5.4k 3 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We managed to get through the eighth floor. The monsters on this floor were the legged trout again, and something called a Deerk. It was basically a Deer monster. It had red eyes and really dangerous horns. It’d charge you. Like everything else, it either dropped food or clothing. This one supposedly made good leather according to Raissa.

“I can’t believe how much food they’re dropping. Are you sure you’re not a Dungeon Diver too, sir?” Raissa asked.

“Ah… even if I was…”

She blushed. “What I mean is Dungeon Divers of a high level are supposed have an ability, Increased Item Drop. No… you also have a lot of food drops, although it decreased this floor.”

She was a bit smarter than I gave her credit for. Cook had been increasing my Food drops until I changed it recently. She was truly a professional. Her job was to manage teams and make sure everyone got out of the dungeon alive. Thus, this level of micromanaging was something she had to do when the enemy was stupid. She was sensitive to changes in group dynamics, it seemed. I wonder how she’d react if I equipped True Dungeon Diver and gained the Increase Item Drop ability. She’d definitely notice.

{Dark Priest has increased to 5.}

I wasn’t increasing levels as fast as when I was using the monster lures in Dirage, but it was still fairly quick. As for what skills I learned, job change turned out to be level 5. I also got sacrifice, unholy hymn, and drain. I didn’t want to use dark abilities in front of Raissa, just in case, but I could guess what sacrifice and drain did. I used drain on a weakened enemy, and just as I thought, it absorbs their life force and recovers health and mana for me.

“It’s getting late, I’m hungry!” Celeste complained.

“I guess it’s time we call it quits. Let’s get to the next safe zone and then we’ll start tomorrow there.”

Since we had a map, it wasn’t difficult to go straight there. Usually, we’d take the long way, making sure to snatch treasure and kill mobs along the way. This time, we ended up in the safe zone after only fifteen minutes. With that, I pulled out food and began cooking. We could have headed back to the inn, but their food was awful. Considering how many tasty drops this dungeon had, it was a downright shame.

I eyed the stairway going down to the 10th floor. The door was open, meaning that the boss was ready to fight.

“What boss is it?”

“It’s called a Siren. It’s like a fish monster.” Raissa explained.

“Ah, I guess that’s why we ran into so many fish.”

I seared fish meat and combined it with a bunch of other ingredients. The girls were all making noises as they ate it, so I guessed I was getting better. Actually, my level was starting to leave Faeyna in the dust…

Before we left to return to the city, I checked out the wall mural. “Oh… oops”

“What is it?” Lydia noticed me looking at the mural.

“That woman who got married to her prince… she’s the one who killed him!”

This was called the Widow’s Dungeon. Did that turn out to be a Black Widow?

102