Chapter 401
5.3k 5 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the map ability, I was very easily able to ascertain my own position. I also was able to determine where my girls were. On top of that, I now had slave communication. The moment I entered the dungeon, I greeted them.

“Girls, I just entered.”

“Ah! Master’s in my head!” Celeste cried out.

“We’re on route, Master!” Shao said immediately. “Don’t kill them all before I get there!”

“Master, we’re on our way!” Lydia said.

“Yes, Master, I’ll let them know!” Terra said.

“Master, be safe!” Miki stated.

I could talk to each of them or all of them at once, but it wasn’t a group chat. The result was that I got five responses overlapping in a way that nearly gave me a headache. I must have made an expression because the knight leader asked me if I was okay. He must have been worried I was suspecting something or making a plan to bolt as the knights suddenly tightened their position around me.

“Ah… sorry, this dungeon’s Miasma is thick.” I lied.

“Haha… of course. I knew the rumors about you defeating dungeons were probably inflated, was it your slaves who did all the work for you?” The knight spoke.

“Of course.” I responded, “I only know healing magic, so how could I do much?”

The men chuckled, but they were also giving me disdainful looks. They totally bought into the narrative that I just exploited the girls. It was a story I had seen before, and I suspected they believed it as well. I’d rather they underestimated me and continued to let their guards down.

While I was making the knight’s think I was as dangerous as a fish out of water, I was still coordinating with the girls in my head using Slave Communication. I specified Lydia as the leader of the girls and I relayed everything specifically through her. It made my skill a lot easier to use, and the girls were able to move into position a lot easier.

“The signal should be just a little bit ahead.” The Knight said.

“Speaking of this life recorder, I had a question about it.”

“What is it?”

“If we have such a tracking ability, wouldn’t King Aberis similarly have one?” I asked. “It stands to reason that before entering the dungeon, he would have given someone the ability to track him once entering the dungeon. If that was the case, the most likely person to receive that would be Lord Reign, right?”

The knights all froze, and then the leader turned around and a small smile formed on his face. “That’s true… you’re right. Lord Reign knows exactly where the King is!”

I raised an eyebrow. “Really? So, he’s definitely alive?”

The Knights all looked at each other and exchanged smirks. “Well, whether he is or not, that won’t matter to you.”

“Why is that?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

The men were fondling their weapons and their evil grins were no longer contained in the slightest.

“Because you won’t be alive long enough for it to matter!” The man yelled.

He pulled out his sword, immediately lunging toward me.

“Celeste?”

“Ready!”

“Switch!”

As his sword stabbed forward, it missed me. This was because I was no longer there. Instead, hovering a few feet above the sword, was Celeste.

“Wind… Tornado!” Her spell finished casting.

102