Chapter 409
5.3k 4 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the siren on the stage, she picked up her song, clearly amping up her game to compete with Celeste’s song. Using her puppeteer ability, the undead also began to dance. However, their choreography was simple. Clearly, the siren had to focus on her own movements, and thus couldn’t control the undead. On top of that, not all of the undead were as flexible as her magician. The Knight, in particular, was even clunkier than the first guy she used.

She seemed to want to beat us. Perhaps she wanted better undead dancers. If we were defeated, then she could have her pick from my party. Well, if things got that bad, I’d try to escape using my portal. Return didn’t work in combat. As for how I had escaped the knights, it really was pure luck. The first man hadn’t finished his attack yet, so combat hadn’t been initiated. In short, I had only lived because of a technicality.

Portal was a bit more flexible, but I had a feeling that there might be limitations to it. For example, it might not be able to escape boss rooms. Even if I could leave dungeons now, I had a feeling that boss rooms had their own methods to force you to complete the challenge.

The siren sang and danced across the hallway while her undead cohorts did a simple dance behind her. Her song was perhaps the most gripping yet, and her movements were very elegant and noble. As she danced, I was making sure to look at her with Monster Identify. At that moment, I started to notice something else about her that felt a bit different.

I had Slave Master equipped, and through it, I could feel some kind of slave magic on her. It wasn’t the same as the Slave Mark, but it felt similar. If I hadn’t had so many slaves and become so familiar with their marks, both by taking control of them and by resurrecting the five girls, I certainly wouldn’t have noticed it.

Was this the mark that allowed the dungeon to control monsters that it created? Out of curiosity, I checked her undead companions too. They also had some kind of mark on them, although it was different from hers. Not only was it less complex compared to her own, but it also had a different feel to it.

The siren finished her dance, using the six undead to prop her up as she lay across their arms. At that point, she shot us a smug look. Her dance had truly been remarkable.

“Let me back in!” Shao cried out. “I can do it! I’ll beat her!”

“Are you sure your moves are dank enough to beat the siren!” I said, shooting her a severe look.

She turned away. “M-maybe…”

“Are you?”

She dropped her head shamefully. “No…”

“Then, our only choice is to use our ultimate weapon.” I stroked my non-existent mustache, “Celeste!”

“Ah! Y-yes!” She jumped again as I suddenly called her.

“Sing and dance… at once!”

“Two things?” She cried out as we all turned to her, “Ah… yes!”

She flew out to the front. It was a singer against a singer. Sylph against a siren. The final round was on!

103