Chapter 415
5.3k 2 102
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the last battle, I had White Mage, Basic Magician, and Slave Master equipped. I had started with True Dungeon Diver equipped, but as the monsters came en masse, I quickly switched. Unfortunately, once they were coming in droves, I didn’t have time to change to anything else.

{White Mage has increased to level 30.}

{Basic Magician has increased to level 20.}

{Slave Master has increased to level 26.)

I gained 3 levels in White Mage, nine levels in Basic Magician, and 5 levels in Slave Master. Compared to a normal battle, this was extremely strong gains. For White Mage, I received Mana Up Plus, Reinforce, and Strong Heal. Strong Heal should allow me to heal heavy damage, the kind I’d usually have to use life force to fix. Meanwhile, Reinforce seems to be something that increases an item’s defense. I couldn’t cast it on a person, but I could target armor.

As for Basic Magician, I was finally getting skills outside of the elements. It looked like whether you were a Basic or Apprentice Magician, you still started by mastering the elements. I ended up getting Rock Sling, an Earth attack, but then I also got Mana Up, Detect Mana, Mana Control Plus, Mana Shield, Infuse Item, Preserve Food, Absorb Mana, and Mana Reinforcement.

Most of these skills seemed centered around using Mana and infusing it like a Basic Magician would be expected to. Seemingly, how I use my mana will eventually dictate what type of mage I become. For example, if I focused on infusing it into objects, I’d become a Magic Blacksmith,. Preserving Food was also done by infusing it with magic. I wonder if there was a Magic Cook? That would be fun. As for Mana Reinforcement, it specifically converted Mana into status. It wasn’t like White Mage’s Reinforce at all.

Finally, Slave Master gave me Slave Loyalty Plus, Slave Defense Up, Slave Health Up, Absolute Order, and Slave Empath. Absolute Order was like Order Slave, but it didn’t have the option for pain. Simply put, the slave did it or died. I never wanted to use that ability. I’d definitely be setting up precautions so nothing like the siren happened again. Slave Empath allowed me to feel what the girls were feeling. I wasn’t sure if I liked this ability or not.

On one hand, I could feel their affection for me. On the other, I could feel their other emotions too, like jealousy, exhaustion, and boredom. The girls were usually so quiet and just did whatever I said. However, a few seconds of using Empathy showed me that they really were quite noisy.

I stopped using Slave Empath and instead checked out their statuses. Lydia’s Swordsman was now at 42 and Scout was 21. Miki was 40 in Spiritualist, and 22 in Basic Magician. Celeste reached 19 in Master Wind Magician, and Magic Singer was now 10. As for Shao, Her Shadow Knight was 24 and her Gladiator was 52. She did end up unlocking the job, Pugilist. It was the third-tier version of the fighting class after Brawler and Gladiator. She didn’t fight with her fists, but she used two short daggers and her attacks usually depended on force compared to Lydia’s elegant movements. I equipped Shadow Knight first and put Pugilist second, although if there was a difference between what was first and what was second, I didn’t know it.

“Shall we get a move on?” I asked.

102