Chapter 431
5.1k 2 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although I say that while trying to look impressive, I was leaping right into the backs of unsuspecting golems who were further being attacked by Miki’s attempts to confuse and disorientate them. I swung my sword as hard as possible, using rapid attacks to aid in bringing them down quickly. Even with that, it took multiple hits per golem.

That could be considered incredible since golems are creatures with high vitality designed to soak up damage. Perhaps True Hero was more powerful than I gave it credit for. Even though it started at level one, by the time I took down five golems I was already up to level three.

I continued to swing my sword, knocking down golem after golem. It was only about fifteen minutes later, when the golems were finally able to figure out what was going on and start turning around to defend. Even so, I pulled out every trick I had to keep bringing them down.

When the pressure started to push outward and I was being pressed back, I backed up with Miki, selecting the Golem in the front.

“Miki, try to confuse it,” I ordered

She cast a spell of confusion while I used the Monster Tamer ability, Weaken. Essentially, to tame a monster, it had to be placed into a vulnerable state. Celeste achieved this with songs, but Miki could also do the same with her spiritual attacks.

As a Monster Tamer of level 15, I currently had fifteen skills designed around controlling and then using monsters. There was Submission, Weaken, Restrain, Low Tame, Order, Charm Up, Train, Share Experience, Loyalty Up, Track, Relax, Location, Steal life, Tamed Status Up, and Release. At the moment, I was using Submission and Weaken on him. As he got close, I also tried to Restrain him.

“Come on! Low Tame!”

I was hoping this monster would be low enough to tame. A siren was considered a mid-level, so I suspected a golem, which was basically just an automaton, should be fairly easy to control. Of course, this was level 14, not level 4. I probably would have had a lot more luck on a higher floor than here.

Remarkably, the golem stopped in place, lowering its arm which it was preparing to use to smash me. I had succeeded. The golem behind it shoved the one waiting on me forward. I jumped back as the golem I just tamed nearly fell on top of me.

“Order, hold them back!”

I switched my Job to Basic Magician while the tamed golem got up and began to bar the movement of the others. Along with Miki’s attacks on their minds, it further confused and slowed down the golems. I began to send spells flying at the golems over my golem’s shoulders. With him as my tank, I slowly whittled down one golem after another until they collapsed.

The work went on for a great amount of time. I found myself drinking the Water’s of Life many times to keep up. When my golem fell, I captured another, sent it as my tank, and then continued to attack. Meanwhile, I occasionally checked on the other girls to find them doing well.

After many hours of battle, the last golem finally fell. The six of us met in the middle intersection, surrounded by broken rock that piled nearly up to the ceiling, forcing us to find another route to meet with each other.

When all of us finally met back up, each of the girls was covered in dust and wore an exhausted look on their faces.

“What now, Master?” Celeste asked, looking like she was about to tip over at any second.

“Let’s go back to the mansion. We’ll handle the rest tomorrow.”

We had leveled a bunch, so tomorrow we could tackle the fifteenth floor. I had prepared as much as I could.

100