Chapter 447
5k 8 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Job Reset. True Hero, White Mage, Slave Master, Monster Tamer. I equipped the jobs as quickly as I could. The girls were already resisting the orders they were given. I didn’t need to give them a counter order, because none of them would ever try to kill me, even if it cost them their life. Instead, there had only been one option. I had to end it quickly!

To that end, I had prepared in advance. Of course, once I realized the nature of this boss, I didn’t think I’d be able to use it, but it looked like a workaround was found. With Monster Tamer as my fourth job, it was out of his reach. Just like a Priest who uses his Job Examination, he’d usually only see the first job you had equipped, perhaps never even noticing the second or third. In the doppelgangers case, because I had derived the 4th job skill after his creation, he was unable to copy it.

I didn’t know every ability up this doppelganger’s sleeve. Perhaps, if he saw a spell, he could replicate it. However, a 4th job was an intangible part of a person, derived through a system that couldn’t be replicated. Thus, my trap was set.

“Portal!” I declared, opening up a portal from in the boss room to the outside of the boss room.

“Don’t think you can escape so easily!” He growled, “Stop him!”

Portals could still be used in a fight, unlike the Return skill. It was always my last-ditch escape. Now, the girls moved in front of it. Compared to his previous order to murder me, this was one that they allowed themselves to follow to alleviate the pain. Of course, they followed his order because they knew the plan, same as me. I was never trying to flee.

“Monster Order, attack that, and kill it quickly!”

Instead of me trying to get through the tunnel, a sudden wave of golems came out of it. The girls, who had been ordered to keep me from going in, and hadn’t been told anything about needing to stop anything from entering, stepped aside with grins as golem after golem moved into the room.

Golems were very easy to control, especially after some guidance from the resident golem specialist, Terra. These were Earth Golems like her, but it was the difference between a supercomputer and a calculator. It was rather easy for her to help me tame a large swath of golems. The levels of Monster Tamer even went up, and I had a plan for defeating the boss.

Had I just equipped Monster Tamer before, then I would have ended up in a situation similar to what I was in with the girls. He would have ordered them to stop while I ordered them to go. Since I found a way around that, he was now helpless under my Monster Tamer ability.

He shrieked and began to fight the golems. He didn’t even have time to relay any orders to the girls. Nearly fifty total golems entered the room and swamped the boss. It was a number that all six of us together would struggle to repel, so a bad imitation of me naturally didn’t have a chance.

No matter how good his healing, he was surrounded by golems smashing him with all of their weight. The girl’s eyes filled with relief as the doppelganger died and the orders over them finally rescinded.

As for me, I found it a tad difficult to watch and see myself being torn apart by golems. I knew that he and I were not the same, but he had my voice and face. It was a bad experience overall.

When this dungeon boss was finished, I secretly promised myself that I’d go on a vacation with the girls.

100