Chapter 511
4.3k 3 83
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The walk to Fort Pride took about two hours, taking into account adjustments. Eventually, Lydia worked with the designated scout, and together they navigated our group through the territory without incident. If we were seen, we were in the appropriate armor, but it would still be difficult to explain our presence. In that situation, it’d be better just to surprise attack the enemy before they could signal an alarm. Thankfully, that wasn’t necessary, and before too long, we were crouching on a hill that overlooked the fort.

Lydia, Shao, and the scout were sent out to try to study the soldier movements and work on a way for us to get in. Since I could communicate with Lydia and Shao through the Slave Communication, it seemed like the best way to do it. Shao could aid in helping them hide in the shadows, while Lydia and Tibult’s scout surveyed the land.

“Your brother, just in case, does he look like you?” I asked Otto quietly.

“Octius looks nothing like me!” Otto snorted. “He’s tall, muscular, and handsome. You actually remind me of him. Don’t give me that face! I’m just saying what is clear to see…”

Calling me tall was a bit incorrect, although I did appear to gain a bit of height since I lost weight. They say that being heavy compresses your spine or something and you’re a bit shorter. It also could be because of my levelling. Maybe the True Hero job felt it was better if I was taller. I hadn’t really thought of it, but I used to be 5’ 7’’, and now I’m probably closer to 5’11’’. As far as declaring me muscular, well, I guess I could see my abs recently, so maybe that was true too. I would definitely say I’m not handsome, though. Then again, I have been catching the eyes of a lot of women. I coughed awkwardly.

Although Otto had lost weight, he hadn’t gained anything in height. He was a short, 5’6’’ man before, and it didn’t look like things had changed much with time. He didn’t look muscular or healthy, but a bit stringy and wiry. If his brother truly was a handsome man, it was clear that it didn’t run in the family. He had a face that looked a bit weird. His lips were big, and his nose was a bit small. When he was fatter, his small nose gave him a snot-like look. It was better now that he lost weight, but he’d never be an attractive man.

“As for hair, he had long blond locks. His eyes are blue. Most Ost are brown or red haired, so he’ll stand out.”

He does sound a bit like an Ikemen, it seems. That wasn’t what I pictured at all when I thought about some border general who was keeping the giant Osteria at bay alongside his militaristic father.

“Master! It’s a trap!” Lydia’s voice suddenly cried out through Slave Communication.

“The scout is a turncoat!” Shao declared at the same time.

I spun around as I heard a creak behind me. Otto, who didn’t catch the warning didn’t even have that chance as a foot landed on his back and a sword was pressed to it. The nine guards Otto had brought besides the scout had all drawn their swords. In a swift motion, they had each immediately put their blades up. Two soldiers per person other than Otto. I was on my knees with two swords on my neck.

83