Chapter 524
4.4k 6 92
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Idiot!”

“Jerk!”

“Scoundrel!”

“B-bad man!”

I didn’t come home to a warm greeting, but rather the five women attacked me. I was held down, and many things happened. Well, I had pushed the girls away, risked my very life, and ended up dying. It was only by pure luck I ended up there.

Also, it turned out that they were first told that I could not be resurrected. Apparently, while they went to the life insurance company to report my death, the Tibult brothers went to the prince. He was faster and had a Priest on hand. I was resurrected in short order within the castle limits. So, after waiting two hours and finally getting the Priest to come and resurrect me, it failed.

However, while confused, they didn’t lose all hope. There was one distinct reason for that. They were able to resurrect Shao.

“I died…” She responded with puffed out cheeks.

“Eh? H-how?’

“When the meteor collapsed, I suddenly felt my soul being pulled from my body, and the slave mark started to burn.”

That was right! I had completely forgotten. Shao’s slave mark bound her soul to mine. When I died, I took her with me. At the moment, I hadn’t considered that at all. After doing all that work, she had ended up dying alongside me. Yet, they were able to resurrect her by using their pocket change. The Priests thought since our souls were bound together, we needed to be resurrected together. However, Shao returned, while I didn’t. This left the Priests confused, and my girls distraught.

Then, they had stewed for a day and a night with no news until I had clumsily sent them a message a few minutes before leaving the castle. I hadn’t been focused on their responses and had ignored them again until I got home. The end result was a steadily boiling of anger and frustration that was released on me when I entered the door. Although I was Master, it turned out they’d all make good Mistresses. I was made to reflect on my poor decisions.

In fact, this would be the first time I died in any of their minds. Although I had technically died once before in Old Chalm, my body had remained intact, and Figuro had cleverly hidden the matter of my death from the girls. They thought I had just been put into a deep coma, to which Figuro healed me. The reality was much harsher. I had died, and his man had resurrected me.

Yet, only Lydia and Miki had been in my party back then, and both of them didn’t want to believe that I had died. Miki should have known more than anyone, and perhaps she did realize the truth, but it was better to pretend nothing happened. Now, I had Celeste, Terra, and Shao with me as well. My death, this time had been far more traumatic. My body was destroyed, and it was days before my soul was recovered.

I had selected my actions because I felt they were my best options, but I also recognized now that I had done my girls wrong and thus sought forgiveness. I honestly repented. It required the Pervert job. I repented so hard that my hips hurt come the morning. Pervert even went up a level.

{Pervert has increased to level 14.}

Come morning, I created a portal to Kingsport, and we slipped away to our next part of the journey. My best bet to continue was to finally save the king. I could use his support, and more than that, I could use the dp at the bottom of that dungeon. Even if I didn’t complete the lore properly, just destroying the core should net me a point or two. That would be enough for Reset.

With a goal in mind, I walked out to a sunny day on the ocean.

92