Chapter 528
4.2k 7 90
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With Hero, I could Position Shift with anyone in my party. Thus, this guy’s suggestion was possible. However, he probably didn’t know about Position Shift, let alone that I was a Hero. I also very much doubted he was a Hero. So, I was curious about how he planned to rectify the situation. Fortunately, I didn’t need to ask before he gave his answer immediately.

“I have an item. Technically it is two items. If you activate it, it’ll allow two people to swap places. Here, look at it.” He immediately showed me the item.

I changed my job to Dungeon Diver and did an Item Identify on it just to be sure. It did as he described. It looked like a pendant that had been broken in two, each side being able to connect to the other to create the whole.

“So, we simply need to get to the 1st safe room. I will go to the 39th and will use this to flip. I will bring each of you to the 39th floor. Once we’re all gathered, you can march into the boss room and defeat the final boss.  Then, we’ll share the profits. I only ask for 20%.”

“10…” I immediately said.

“Geh!” His smile didn’t flicker at all. “10% it is.”

So, I just about figured out everything that I needed to know here. I mean, it was clearly a trap. I think he had every intention of taking us into the dungeon. He even planned to use this artifact he had. However, whether he was on the 39th floor or the 5th floor, who knew. What I did know is that whatever floor he took me to would have a group of his buddies waiting for me.

He’d be separating our group one at a time. Once one person was secured, he’d work on the next until our entire group was incapacitated. He’d likely kill me, sell the girls, and take all of our stuff. It didn’t take a lot to figure this all out. I told the girls his plan over Slave Communication.

“Obviously.” Miki scoffed.

“As expected of Master,” Lydia responded.

“R-really? I really thought he was good!” Celeste gave a shocked reply.

“Why are you so certain I can defeat this boss?” I continued to humor him.

“Of course, it’s because you look so powerful! You have so many slaves, and your armor has the look of wealth… ahem… I mean, the look of one who knows how to be in a fight.”

So, in the end, we looked like easy marks who had money. I didn’t even like the armor I was wearing right now. It was something I had kept in Inventory exactly because I thought it might be worth something. It was sadly the best armor I had at the moment. Although it looked flashy and was stiff to move in, it technically had the best advantages.

“What about the lore? Erm… the story behind it?”

He blinked. “Eh? I don’t know. Uh… something about a Lighthouse Keeper, I think. Who cares about those anyway?”

“Ah…” Well, it seemed like I wouldn’t be getting behind the lore of this dungeon.

“So, are you in?”

I was just about to agree and move forward. My plan was pretty simple. I had party switch. So, once he took me to that room, I’d switch with one of the girls. I’d probably go with Terra, who could take the most hits. She could create a dust screen to buy some time. At that point, every girl would have her hand on the tier one kiosk. I’d simply switch, transport, switch, transport. I reckoned it’d take less than thirty seconds until all of the girls were in the room. At that point, their ambush would be destroyed. We’d see if they had any wealth on them. If they took us to the 39th floor, I’d consider going after the boss, but it was questionable. In my weakened state, it seemed like a risk we couldn’t afford to take.

Then, a sudden thought hit me. It was a scary thought.

“Um… there is no one in that dungeon right now?”

His eyes flickered before he gave his best reassuring grin. “None at all! Completely empty. No one goes to this dungeon anymore. I can swear to that!”

I let out a breath. I knew he was lying, but it seemed like other than the trap he set, there was no one else. This was stupid. I couldn’t believe I was even considering it. However, I really wanted to see what would happen. Would it even work? I made sure True Hero and White Mage were equipped. Of all the dumb things I had ever done, this was definitely up there. I used Slave Communication to instruct my girls to get closer. If things went bad, I’d have to use Return.

“What is it?” The shady guy noticed something was up and started reaching behind his back, possibly for a dagger.

I ignored him and pointed at the tower. I immediately began chanting.

“Meteor!”

90