Chapter 564
3.6k 1 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This dungeon was supposed to be thirty levels. That would have made this the final boss room. Instead, this was another normal level boss. However, she acted smug and seemed to think that we weren’t capable of defeating her. The previous two enemies in this dungeon had a gimmick. In most dungeons, it was a simple match to the death, although Terra had acted as the boss in her own dungeon and fearing she wasn’t powerful enough, had used quizzes to try to block us.

The point being, it was possible that this monster was too powerful for us to defeat, and the intention of the dungeon wasn’t for us to defeat her. After all, even the King hadn’t defeated her. She’d be a newer boss, and probably not be as well-developed mentally as the current giant. Her vocab would be a few confused words, and she’d probably violently attack us. Admittedly, that would be dangerous, but it was also easier in some ways. A monster that mindlessly attacked was far simpler than someone who strategized and cleverly tried to set up traps.

However, since I couldn’t see where the trick was, I decided the best thing to do was follow what she said. She wanted us to attack her and show her we were strong. That meant we should just go at her like she was a standard boss. There was no sense in holding back.

“Girls! Attack!” I gave the order.

“Rising Spirit!” Miki called out, holding her staff up and casting a buff on the party that increased our mental resistance and morale, before pointing it at the giant. “Breaking Mind!”

A light shot at the giant’s head. She didn’t even attempt to block it. It struck, she blinked a few times, and then gave a derisive snort.

“You probably thought because of my powerful physique. I would have a weak mind!” She laughed. “You’ll have to do better than a level 30 Spiritualist skill if you want to break my spirit!”

“Tornado Whirl!” Celeste called out a massive wind storm that collided into the woman.

Before she could recover, Shao leapt forward too. “Shadow Restraint!”

Shadows rose up from the ground and leapt onto her, grabbing her legs and arms. She immediately began to fight them. Lydia didn’t waste time. Having worked with the other girls in many desperate situations, they didn’t need but a moment to understand the other members intent. She ran parallel to the wall and ended up side-running up it before jumping off and hitting the column she then leapt through the air at the giant.

She was about chest’s level, perhaps intended to bounce off the giant’s large breasts to strike her face. The giant managed to rip one hand free of the shadows and swiped it at Lydia.

“Watch out!” I cried out, but Lydia was in midair.

She was flying helplessly in the direction of the giant’s hand. In a moment, it would strike, and Lydia would be slammed into the wall like a pancake!

81