Chapter 565
3.7k 3 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was just about to prepare Cushion, hoping to mitigate the damage that was about to befall my poor Lydia. However, before I had even raised a hand, I noticed that Lydia’s face held absolutely no alarm. Rather, she seemed to be expecting this.

Suddenly, her feet seemed to touch a glowing platform that appeared from nowhere, and she leapt again, dodging the hand and coming right at the giant woman’s eye. This was the so-called legendary double jump! I hadn’t realized Lydia had gained such a skill! Well, I had six girls with me and nearly twenty jobs to juggle, a few things slipped by me. I’d have to find out later whether it was Scout or Advanced Swordsmen that allowed her to do that. There was honestly a case for both.

The giant freed her other hand and she managed to swat Lydia, who rather than fly away, struck her hand. The two collided with a booming sound, but despite all physics, Lydia remained in place. It was only then I realized that Celeste had created a platform of Air for Lydia to hold against the giant. Was it Celeste who had perfectly timed the double jump as well? My girls were really becoming something incredible!

“Now!” Terra’s eyes opened, and she pulled a boulder twice the size of the giant’s head directly toward her.

This had been their true attack all along. The others had all been distractions and feints to open up room for Terra, the usual defender, to deliver a devastating blow. With all her might, she drew a bolder towards herself. She could do this far more powerfully than she could hurl one as an Earth Manipulator. However, it was usually a suicidal move, that was unless there was a powerful and large object between her and her object. It was like her own personal Meteor, and it slammed into the giant’s back without her defending at all.

There was a resounding boom, and Lydia leapt away as the rock struck true. A wave of dust exploded out as the rock slammed into her back. Even if it didn’t kill her, it definitely had to hurt a lot. There was no way she’d be standing after this. The entire dungeon was shaking after all, and dust filled the air blinding all of us.

Celeste waved her hand, moving the dust away and clearing the room quickly. When it was done, the blood started to run out of my face. Standing in the middle of the room, having not taken a single step, was the giant. She had a slightly hunched look and a frown on her face.

“Hmm… that barely fits as a massage!” She snorted. “You call that a hit.”

The girls, who had perhaps delivered one of the strongest hits they had ever done by working together as a team, were crestfallen when they saw the apparent failure. The giant didn’t even have a bruise on her. At best, it was like getting a strong slap on the back.

“So, that is all your group has?” She sighed and shook her head. “I was hoping to be entertained. Instead, I’m just disappointed. I won’t even take pleasure in your deaths.”

My mind worked furiously, trying to figure out what to do. Suddenly, the words she just said clicked. I looked up at her defiantly. She seemed to notice the change in my demeanor and then cocked her head with interest. It looked like she was willing to give me a second chance.

“Who says we’re done?” I declared. “Rather… if it is pleasure that you want… that’s my specialty!”

85