Chapter 576
3.7k 3 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You call yourself a noble of Aberis, and you dare raise your sword against the King!” He barked.

“Hey, didn’t you just say you abdicated your position? Which is it? You’re so damn confusing!” I egged him on while the girls moved into position.

They relayed their desires to each other, not through Slave Communication which would have to go through me, but from months of fighting alongside each other in life and death situations. With a single look, the girls had prepared for battle to the point where I didn’t even feel the need to bark out any orders. I decided I’d let them handle the battle. Instead, I focused on support.

“Hmph! How bold! Then, I’ll show you how a Hero and Dungeon Diver truly fights. Let’s see if you have the power to change my mind.”

“I don’t plan to give you a choice. Prince Aberis has already ordered you back, dead or alive, I’ve just decided on the dead option. No worries, I’ll break this dungeon shortly after killing you. Although, if I had to guess, this dungeon’s nature would prevent it from consuming your soul even if you were dead!”

I had already guessed that like Karr in Karr’s Dungeon, King Aberis was a special existence in the Widow’s Dungeon. It would likely trap his soul, corrupt it, and he would become a boss. Maybe the giant wouldn’t get a promotion after the next growth period, and we’d have to battle the crazed King or something like that. Either way, it wouldn’t eat away at his soul, but preserve it instead. Even if push came to shove and we somehow failed to finish the dungeon, there would be enough time to rectify the situation, perhaps with someone like General Tibult. I’d only met the son, but the father was probably even more powerful.

“So, even my son has made such a bold request…” the King appeared thoughtful for a bit. “Perhaps he really is growing into a proper man. Still, if he feels the need to send riffraff because he’s too cowardly to deal with daddy, then I’ll make sure to teach him a lesson. Since he’s not here, you’ll have to do. You’ll pass on that lesson, won’t you?”

“I’m sorry, you’ll have to pass on your words personally. You won’t have to wait long, though!”

“Hehe… you don’t have what it takes to-“

“Guys! Are you going to fight already or just crap talk to each other all day!” The Queen growled, a vein popping up on her forehead.

“Hmph… I suppose words truly are wasted on you.” The King snorted indignantly.

“As for me, I was just buying time for my girls to set this up.” I shrugged.

“Huh?”

“Whirlwind Blast!”

“Rock Wall!”

“Darkness Rain!

“Weaken!”

Despite the spells having different cast times, they were all launched at the exact same time. A rock wall formed behind the King just as a Whirlwind Blast struck him, causing him to slam into it. Just as his back hit it, dark wisps of blackness began to rain on him and the wall. Although a sizzling sound could be heard coming from his skin, it didn’t seem to cause any visual damage. The same couldn’t be said about the earth wall, which quickly became pockmarked under the corrosion. A sickly yellow glow erupted around his body at that moment, which would be the Weaken spell.

Just as his feet hit the ground and he fell to his knees, Lydia appeared next to him, sending her blade flying out to strike him. Her blade was a dungeon point blade. I didn’t know what would happen to the dungeon point if the blade was destroyed, but at the moment, it was the most powerful weapon she owned. It leveled with her and was basically a reflection of Lydia’s own strength and power. I’d checked it against all the most common weapons in the stores, and it was by far Lydia’s favorite and the most powerful weapon she could use at the moment.

The King didn’t even move as the sword struck his head. For a brief moment, I thought he’d die in an instant, but the sword struck with a sound of metal against metal. Lydia leapt back, watching the King warily although he hadn’t moved.

Slowly, he stood back up, reached for his belt, and finally pulled out his sword. “Is that the best you’ve got? Now… it’s my turn!”

80