Chapter 582
3.6k 5 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the King’s body hit the floor, the formations around the bed steadily dissipated and sparked out of existence. Elaya began to laugh maniacally, raising until she was in a standing position and looking down at me. She spread out her arms as she laughed as if she was embracing her own freedom.

“Foolish boy! Did you really think I would allow you to just kill me? I do have to thank you, I suppose. You freed his soul from that meat sack. Finally, I can be whole again! If only I could bring her here as well, then my dungeon will finally be complete!”

“So, you really are evil after all… being Queen Elaya was just a lie?”

“Don’t get me wrong, I possess the Queen’s memories and mannerisms, but I am a monster corrupted by the dungeon. No! I am miasma itself! The King was barely able to set up his barriers and contain me, and it took the lives of an entire raid far larger and stronger than your party! Do not think you can defeat me!”

“I never intended to. My goal was to get the King. I have no interest in you or this dungeon. If you give me his soul, then we will depart peacefully.”

“Fufu… you want his soul?” She laughed again. “You should be more worried about your own! Do not worry though. I only like to eat male souls. As for your women, I’ll have fun with them for a bit, and if they please me enough, I might let them go.”

“You too! What is with all of the nobles being borderline rapists?”

“You try living in a dungeon for thirty years without human contact!”

“Touche…”

“Hmmm… you seem pretty relaxed about this. Perhaps, you haven’t realized how screwed you are.”

“Actually, I was going to say the same thing.” I laughed. “You see… there are two daggers.”

“Geh!”

Just as I said that a second spectral dagger slammed into the back of the Queen, she let out a cry, dropping her own dagger. I had used Terra’s points to summon a second one, and she had given it to Shao, who proceeded to backstab Elaya while she was concentrating on me.

“Didn’t I say that the spectral dagger can hold a ghost in place?” I mentioned. “Miki!”

“A Spiritualist!” Her eyes widened in shock as she finally noticed Miki’s spirit tails appear.

Up until now, Miki had been relying on Psionic abilities and debuffs. This was the first time she was calling on her spiritual powers. A nine-tailed fox was the bane of all ghosts. The spectral dagger as a backstab already hurt, and Shao who already was a darkness attribute had a high resistance to her miasma.

“Air Chains!” Celeste called, restricting her movements further.

Elaya, rather than rising into the air, ended up collapsing down on her knees. While she struggled to move, Miki began to create her own formations around the bed, re-constructing the cage that had been broken upon the King’s death.

Elaya grew more panicked as she saw her freedom being stripped from her, but rather than grow fearful, she started laughing cruelly.

“You think it this easy to restrain a dungeon boss in her own dungeon? You truly are too naïve! I am powered by miasma, and miasma is produced by my very dungeon! My strength equals the strength of the total dungeon, you fool! Miasma, come! Empower me!”

85