Chapter 601
4.2k 2 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After spending a day with the King and finding out Eliana was pregnant, I returned home peacefully. The next few days went by just as calmly. I even gave the girls a day off, although I personally couldn’t remember the day that well. Terra continued to work on the wall. She had also shown me a new item she had created.

It was rather ingenious. It was a golem creator. She had apparently gotten the idea when I talked to her about automation in my own world. She had worked with the resident enchanter toward building such an item. In short, it could construct golems and program them to carry out simple tasks. We had built a handful of prototypes, and they were now being used to clear the forest outside of Chalm and even till some land to eventually be used as farmland.

Mana was a part of everything in this world, and years of having a dungeon suck the land dry had made it all but infertile. However, I knew about certain bean plants being good for revitalizing land, and I knew that with the fairy spring, the land would rapidly recover. Already, the green around the city that had once been brown and dead was green and lively.

My own dungeon, apparently, also sucks out mana from the land, but it mostly sucks from the mana spring. Furthermore, because the spring wasn’t just a source of mana for the dungeon, but a supply of waters of life for us to sell, the waters of life would diminish and eventually be destroyed. This didn’t happen because I was thankfully able to renew the waters of life by using fairy dust and my own mana. Astria then could concentrate the spring water. Doing that once a week was enough, but when I did it daily, the spring grew stronger and more magical, and the benefits derived from it also increased.

As for her golem creator, we needed to contact people from Jespain if we wanted to advance it farther. With time, Terra said that she could build all kinds of different golems. Golems that maintained stuff. Golems that built stuff. Golems that could defend the city. However, I saw it as something else. In my mind, the golem creator was basically a magical 3D printer. The thing that made it the most impressive wouldn’t be in producing golems, but in producing magical items.

That’s right, I imagine a world where we could print storage rings, enchantment-enhanced jewelry, and even armor. We could begin to mass produce such useful items. However, a trip to Jespain would be almost mandatory, and right now, I was still trying to help stabilize Aberis. Prince Aberis was going to become the new King soon, and with a turncoat to the north, Bandits to the south, and a hostile wilderness everywhere else, Chalm wasn’t so stable that I was ready to make that journey.

I didn’t necessarily need to make the journey myself. If I was able to mark someone on my map and follow them, I could technically make a portal directly to them, and then once I was in Jespain, there wouldn’t be an issue. Unfortunately, it was proving impossible. It took about a month to reach the Capital City from old Chalm. Reaching Jespain would take anywhere from six months to a year.

Dioshin had its borders closed off to the east. That meant you had to either go up through Imperial Cloud Meadow and Shie Gescar, or go down to Esmore and try to take a boat. Dioshin sank boats sailing in their waters, so you wouldn’t just have to make a year-long voyage, but have to avoid being shot down. As for Shie Gescar, there was a large river between Imperial Cloud Meadow and Shie Gescar. From what I heard, no one who crossed it ever returned. This included the Master Blacksmith who once worked with Rubee. As a result, Shie Gescar was an extremely mysterious place. As for Figuro, I didn’t know how he had managed to penetrate their ranks. I knew that he was a special case though.

Terra’s parents had supposedly come from Shie Gescar, but they were both famous magicians who lived a simple life. Furthermore, Faeyna had mistaken Shao as a woman from Shie Gescar, although I later learned she had actually come from a Northern city on the border of the demon lands. She was Japanese, so that seemed to suggest that Shie Gescar contained people who appeared Asian. That only served to make it more mysterious. Suffice it to say, it would be some time before I could finally visit that place.

85