Chapter 606
3.8k 1 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Last call to do the survey. I have one more week until I close it. Then, I will do a live stream where we will go over the results. If you're interested in what people selected, and what my conclusions will be, I'll have the date for that soon. Click here to do my survey.

I finished packing my supplies and then headed out. I met with Shao, Raissa, Miki, and Ruby, and then the group of us portaled to Alerith. Ruby, in particular, seemed extremely amazed as she stepped through the white portal. The other girls had grown used to it after traveling through it so many times, but I didn’t exactly use it out in public.  She had to be aware I had the ability, but it was probably the best thing I was known for after being the Lord of Chalm. Even after passing through, she looked at the thing in wonder until I allowed it to shut.

Salicia and Carmine were thankfully waiting for us, but as expected, Carmine had packed considerably too much. Why did she even own that much stuff? I made her go and repack. While we were waiting, I went over everything with the group one more time. When it came to Deek’s Party, the girls would follow without questions. However, Ruby wasn’t one of my girls, and Raissa was a girl who was used to going in with a plan. It was too dangerous to take on a dungeon without every person knowing their place. Well, you could say that my old Party were so comfortable with each other, that our places were self-evident. Now, with a new group, especially with several women used to working alone, it’d be rockier.

That included Shao. She typically worked and fought alone. Lydia had taken her under her wing, and she was willing to follow Lydia’s lead, but that didn’t mean there weren’t some issues there. This was a bit of a test for everyone. Well, except for Miki. I had already told her what her job was ahead of time. She could affect people’s spirit and mind. That meant that she was a mood setter. She was there to make sure the other four girls worked together properly. She’d keep them calm, focused, and steady. Naturally, I wouldn’t tell them that. If it didn’t work, I could try equipping Harem Master. Although, I didn’t know what the conditions were for being in my Harem. Were Carmine and Salicia considered Harem members? How about even Raissa?

In my mind, there were only seven women whom I was truly close to emotionally. Shao, Miki, Celeste, Lydia, Terra, Astria, and Eliana. Another part of the reason I was making this journey was to get closer to Raissa, Carmine, and Salicia. Elaya probably had picked up on this, which is why she had made her visit earlier as the odd girl out. I had wanted to grow closer to Raissa anyway, especially if I was going to tell her she was pregnant. The girls had begged me to spend more time with Carmine, and Salicia came with Carmine, so that’s how it turned out.

“Salicia, is this going to be okay with you?” I asked.

“What? Oh? About betraying and killing men and women who used to work under me? Sounds fun!”

“You…”

Salicia put her hands on her hips and let out a laugh. “You can’t be saying you think there should be honor amongst thieves or something? We worked together for mutual gain. I used the bandits because they could help me obtain rapid wealth and power. They used me because I provided safety thanks to my great strength.”

“That definitely is something I’m curious about.”

“What’s that?”

“Carmine had the support of the church. She became a Paladin with their support. However, how did you become a Bandit King? From a girl who lost everything, even her sister, you managed to become a third tier that ruled southwest Aberis for a time.”

“Isn’t it because I’m really amazing?”

“Forget it, I’m sorry I asked.”

She let out another laugh and then spoke mysteriously. “Perhaps, if our path heads that direction, you may find out about my past, but until then, you’ll just have to admire me from afar.”

“I finished packing.” A muffled voice came from the stairway.

I looked over to see a mass of bags and boxes strapped all around what might have been a body. “I said take what you can carry!”

“I-I’m carrying it all!” Carmine cried.

“You should be able to fight… and see for that matter!”

“Master! You let all the others carry so much stuff in their storage rings, but you haven’t afforded me even one!”

“She’s got a point, you know.” Miki smirked.

“Whose side are you on!”

“They all get storage rings? D-Deek… did I mention how manly you are!”

“Don’t you start flirting now, Ruby!”

This was going to be a long journey.

82