Chapter 608
3.8k 4 84
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Traveler’s Guild in Chalm had only just been set up. A building had been procured and they were still remodeling it. There was a grouchy Blue Mage waiting for us. I was starting to wonder if it was a mandate of the Blue Mages that they all be irritable and short-tempered. This was a middle-aged, pudgy man. When he saw me walk in, rather than bow as would be befitting a Count, he let out a long snort.

“About time you came! I drew this formation an hour ago. Since you want to be teleported to Regency, I can’t guarantee that the formation will be together on their end.” He turned away. “Will you stop that racket!”

Someone nearby was hammering on some floorboards, but it had irritated the Blue Mage who had turned and yelled at him. The worker stopped hammering. He shot the Blue Mage a look, but otherwise remained silent. All third-tier jobs had a great deal of respect, but the Blue Mage in particular was responsible for an important public service. They could sway the outcome of a battle or make or break commerce. The fact that the city of Regency was still standing and had yet to be looted also had to do with a Blue Mage.

When he turned back to the group, his eyes narrowed. “Well? I’m waiting? Are you going to get in the circle? Wait… the coin!”

I ended up paying seven gold for the journey. I was making a trip based on the orders of the next King, protecting the country, and also, I was the lord of this city, and yet this guy still had the audacity to demand payment. I let out a long sigh and then handed him the coins, although I was wondering if I could collect taxes on the Traveler’s Guild.

Then, I gestured for everyone to move into the circle he had drawn. I noticed that he drew it kind of small for the group we had. Usually, the standard circle drawn was enough for about twenty people unless they knew how many they were sending. It was clear that this guy was being extra stingy with supplies, because it barely fit the seven of us. I ended up smooshed against Raissa, her head pressed against my chest.

She blushed shyly, and a moment later. “Will you stop hitting me with your tail! Do you want me to cut it off!” Salicia growled.

“S-s-orry!” Raissa squeaked, looking anywhere but at me in embarrassment.

If my arms were free, I would have patted her on the head, but right now they were shoved at my sides with five women all around me.

“Master… doing that kind of thing here…” Carmine let out a hot breath near my neck. “If you touch me like that, I’ll go crazy.”

I raised an eyebrow. “I’m not touching you whatsoever.”

My hands were at my sides, facing my own legs. Carmine’s hot expression suddenly turned to her side. Salicia’s grin started growing.

“Y-y-y-you!”

“Don’t move!” I hissed, not sure what would happen if Carmine suddenly pushed us all out of the circle.

At best, I would have to pay him a second time to cast the spell. That was exactly the kind of people Blue Mage’s were. Thankfully, the magic started taking effect a moment later, and the group ended up teleporting away.

When I regained my sight, there was a withered old man standing there with a cane in his hand. “Finally. What took you so long!”

“Ah…” I was just about to let out another sigh at another Blue Mage who was surly, but then his eyes suddenly whipped to his side.

“Blue Mage! Conjure up some food for us!”

“I-i-it doesn’t work that way!” A beautiful woman said tearfully, her large breasts shaking as she cried out innocently.

Has the Blue Mage curse finally been broken?

84