Chapter 625
3.5k 5 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Certain people, such as Scouts and Rangers, had the ability to target people, and thus be able to track them down extremely easily. When you had the Map ability, you could combine this tracking to picture them. When you had the Portal ability, you then had the ability to target them, and be able to Portal to where they are. In theory, one could send someone out, then Portal to their location, and thus fill out a Map without wasting a ton of time.

Every Slave and Harem member seemed to be marked on my Map, and I informed Lydia’s group to inform me when they located a dungeon. I had planned to Portal to it, so that we could easily return in the future. However, when I checked out the map, I realized that anywhere that my slaves traveled ended up filled out on the Map, and I’d be able to travel to it, anyway. I knew that I shared any experience they gained, but that was limited by distance. At this distance, I didn’t gain anything from Lydia’s group, but it turned out that their scouting was more useful than I originally thought.

That isn’t to say that I didn’t have a means of marking someone. I only had one such skill of my own, and that was called True Mark. It was a skill I got as a True Hero at level 24. I could only use it once an hour, but whoever I marked would take increased damage to my attacks until they were either defeated or I removed True Mark. It was truly a Hero level skill, the capacity to dog down an enemy until they are stopped. However, I could also use it to Mark someone on my Map and follow them. This is what I had used on the Magician bandit before I had killed him.

He had died, yet my True Mark remained connected to him. At his death, it should have disconnected, but it didn’t. At the time, I hadn’t really noticed it, but now it made their unique form of resurrection all the more troubling.

Unfortunately, I had nothing marked so that I could easily travel to the town of the boy, the girl, and the magician. The magician wanted to stay in the city, and he absolutely refused to go back now that he was safe, no matter what I promised him. The boy offered to take me back to his village, and the girl wanted to go with him. In the end, I convinced her to stay in the safety of the city so we wouldn’t have to babysit her, and I decided to take the boy. I didn’t really care to take any of them, but I figured bringing back at least one of them would spare us the introductions.

My Map filled out as far as I could see. So, I could get on a tower, overlooking miles of land, and I could instantly unlock half a city. The map might not be the most detailed, but it was considered accurate enough I could open up a Portal using my Map. So, the only way I could get to the village which I couldn’t see through the thick forest was to climb up a tree, get as far a distant view as I could, and then Portal to the next place. I was also limited by Sense Life. It wouldn’t be good if I portaled into the middle of a bandit camp. Therefore, I only teleported as far as my Sense Life could detect, which was about half the distance of the overall Map, even on the surface. Thus, I had to waste a lot of portals.

I ended up having to readjust my dungeon points for the night so that I could use a lot of portals. It took four in all before we finally were able to open one up at the edge of town.

74