Chapter 664
2.9k 3 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“How are we going to distribute this money without being caught?” I asked, holding another meeting at our house in Alerith.

In the end, I dumped the carriage and put all the coins and tokens into my storage ring. I didn’t use it before because few Bandits were rich enough that they’d be wandering around with storage rings.

It was a day after our successful robbery. The girls had spent half the day out and about through Alerith to try to see how Lord Reign was reacting. Other than tightened security and an overall feeling like something was off in the city, there were very few signs of retaliation.

Lord Reign wasn’t the kind of guy to do things on the surface. He preferred to smile to your face while sliding a knife into your back. Any actions he was taking to address these issues would be difficult to discover.

“I think the best action is to subtly give money back. Let’s create a business in the city. We’ll buy up goods using Lord Reign’s money, then sell them at affordable prices, even if it means selling at a major loss. The loss will all be Lord Reign’s money anyway. We’ll just steal more, and then give back the money we stole. We will sell necessities like food, firewood, and goods necessary for survival.

“Alright, Master, I’ll go get the paperwork going for that.” Miki declared.

“I’ll check with the Adventurer’s Guild. We have one located in Alerith. I’ll see if I can get a hold of any vendors.” Ruby added.

“I have some contacts from when I used to be a slave. I might be able to help.” Raissa said.

“Ah… well, if you change your face, it should be fine.” Rather than waste fairy dust, I gave her my amulet so that she could go out and do that job. “Just be careful, okay?’

“It makes me happy to see Deek worry.” Her tail waved happily.

“In that case, we’ll see if we can use Carmine’s gladiator status to endorse your business. It’s common for merchants to break into the city by first showing off a popular gladiator that works under them. Honestly, our excuse that you were a rich merchant was starting to wear thin since we weren’t making very many large purchases. Now that you’re opening a shop, this will resolve all doubt.” Drake spoke up. “Plus, with her reveal yesterday, this is the best time to strike!”

Shao stretched. “I’ll see about personnel. I’m good at reading people.”

“…”

“I am! Didn’t I live as a gladiator myself for some time? The only way I survived was by knowing who I could trust.”

“In that case, since everyone else is doing something important, I’ll be taking a nap.” Salicia stood up.

I grabbed her arm. “No, you’re not. You’re coming with me.”

“Huuuh? What is that about?” She asked in a deliberately irritating voice.

“We need to plan our next hit. You were the Bandit King, you have to know how to find out about trade routes and where money was going. I plan to hit another place tonight.”

“Already?”

“We need to make a name for ourselves. We need to keep striking while the iron is hot.”

60