Chapter 676
2.6k 3 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Name: Carmine

Class: Resistance

Job: Paladin (LVL 78), Knight (LVL 1)

Unlocked Jobs: Commoner (LVL 4)

Race: Human}

Carmine’s level in Paladin was no joke. My girls were working on closing the gap, but with one job alone, any of my other girls other than Salicia would be hard-pressed to fight her. Fortunately, they did have levels in a lot of other jobs, and even the ability to equip them. That’s what always made up the difference in previous fights. Terra had even managed to go against her directly at some point.

I now knew part of that reason was that Carmine fundamentally wasn’t an attacker. Where Terra could hit as hard as she could get hit, Carmine’s high defense was all she had. Of course, that’s why I made her a Knight in the first place. She took the token and it shone with power. Although she had the Knight job now, she wouldn’t be considered a noble, because she was a slave. I didn’t know if I did free her if she would then become a noble. I’d have to ask about that.

“Unfortunately, we don’t know what Knight unlocks. That’s a closely guarded secret in Aberis.” Ruby admits.

“That won’t be a problem,” I assured her.

After all, I could always check their skills out myself. She was right, the records regarding the Knight job was sealed. They likely had figured out every skill from level 1-100, as well as what the possible evolutions of Knight were, presuming there was more than one. They probably sealed the records as a power move. The fewer people who knew the true extent of what a Knight could do, the more presumed power the nobility possessed. I could probably access those records if I asked. I just hadn’t considered it before now.

For the moment, I’d only learn what skills she had as she leveled. Of course, Raissa had Knight too, but I had never leveled her either. She’d only gained two levels since from fighting Bandits and training.

It wasn’t unusual to not have a clue what skills were coming. None of us kept traditional jobs that were well documented. To those in the third-tier jobs and higher, the less they exposed of their ability, the more elusive and powerful they seemed. That Grand Magus was a good example of that. Only he knew the extent of his magical ability, and as long as others were clueless, he’d continue to come off as a mysterious guru of untold power.

“How does the Capital typically train Paladins?” I asked out of curiosity.

“There is a dungeon underneath the keep in the Capital. It is a location reserved for Knights and nobles only.” Carmine spoke up.

“That’s right, I remember vaguely hearing rumors about a massive Great Dungeon there.”

“Very little is known about it, other than that it exists. It’s a mystery, one of the kingdom’s closest guarded secrets.”

“I see… I should ask Prince Aberis about it the next time we’re in the castle.”

I found it odd that he had never mentioned it to me. There had to be something about it that I didn’t know. However, my Knight should have the right to train in it. I should have the right to train in it too.

However, we didn’t have the time. Going to the Capital and asking to meet the King could take half a day. By the time I go into that dungeon, it would be too late. However, she had given me the idea of where to go next.

“Come on, we’re going!” I opened a Portal.

“N-now?” The girls jumped as I stood up.

“It’s time to take on a Great Dungeon once again.”

61