Chapter 695
3.7k 1 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the bright light faded, I realized I was lying in the middle of a field. I had just leaped into the dungeon that Lord Reign had prepared for us. What was the name of the dungeon again? The Twilight Dungeon? It probably had its own story and its lore, but if it had disconnected from our world, then the story was probably something so old or distant that I hadn’t even heard of it.

I had heard of dungeons that had grown so vast that they had ceased to be a dungeon, but became worlds onto themselves. Some even believed that the world we lived on was only a curse that had somehow become a world. If that was the case, I wondered what story did that world possess? It was sort of like how people in my world talked about us all living in the matrix, or some kind of dream. I wasn’t sure if I believed any of it, but I was certainly in a world that was named a dungeon.

These were only rumors, but supposedly in the deepest parts of Great Labyrinth, each floor might be a world onto itself, with villages, kingdoms, sentient creatures, and monsters of their own. I had to stress they were rumors though because no one in Aberis could even get that deep into a Great Labyrinth. The greatest depth varied depending on who you asked, but it definitely wasn’t over 100 floors, and some even said no more than fifty floors.

Yet, this was a dungeon that had no floors. I stood up, and I could see a vast field in front of me. However, my vantage point was immediately blocked by some rather tall trees. I needed something better if I wanted to figure out where the center of this place was. That was the goal, after all. I needed to make my way to the center. Hopefully, I’d meet up with Carmine along the way. The one advantage I had was that Lord Reign didn’t know Carmine was my slave. Therefore, he didn’t know that I had help on the inside.

I also considered my girls on the outside. Supposedly, this world I was in moved differently. Three months in here would be equal to three days out there. I hoped they didn’t do anything stupid in those three days like come to rescue me. That was the extent of it. I thought I’d be worried about them, but I had a feeling like it’d all work out. They’d act smartly out there. They may not know it was Lord Aberis, but they should know his strength was abnormal.

I only realized when my stomach growled that I had been waiting for nearly an hour considering my next course of action. You could never be too cautious though, especially in an unknown environment. I survived the same way I got by while in the dungeon.

I wished I had some means of escape. A bolt cutter, a lockpick, or some kind of bomb. Regrettably, I had no access to inventory. All of my food, armor, some potion ingredients, and my weapon were in there. Still, I was far better off than Lord Aberis thought.

Of all the people, I was the one who was truly being sent to my death. Not only did I have a ward on my neck that kept me from using external skills, or should I say skills that affected things outside of myself, but I was also sent without food, weapons, or clothing. However, I still had my skills and my dungeon points.

In some ways, I was better off than the other contestants. Remaining positive, I prepared myself, pulled up my Map, and then began to advance slowly.

52