Chapter 711
2.3k 2 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“My lord, we must be careful. We need the princess as our hostage. If you break her too much… the humans may push forward with their invasion.”

“We’ve been skirmishing against the humans for years. They attack a fort, we retaliate. They’ve been looking for a reason to start some war. I say that we give it to them!”

“Th-that borders on treason! My lord, the demon prince will be arriving later today. We must present a princess who is still in one peace!”

“Don’t mention treason to me!”

“Y-yes… apologies, my lord.” The other man cowed.

“Well, just in case, go find a healer and get her fixed up. When the Prince comes, she’ll be as pristine as the day she sought to leave the protection of her castle.”

“I will, my lord.” I heard footsteps racing away.

“And you… my lady… it’s time to meet your destiny.” The door closed as he entered the room with the princess in it.

He was going to rape the princess? That really would start a war! I left my hiding spot and quickly worked my way over to the door. I heard a female cry out, and then there was smashing, and then more smashing. Her voice was muffled, but I could hear a string of what I was pretty sure were expletives. Which was she? A beautiful woman that won the heart of this lord, or a boorish woman? Strangely, after hearing what was going on in the room, I still wasn’t certain.

There was one thing I was pretty certain about though. If I didn’t go in there, this woman would be tarnished, and her lover might never be able to look at her the same way. I needed to go in there and stop him, one way or another. However, without a visual, I wouldn’t just push my way into the room. I had to remain cautious. Who knew how strong this guy was. He could end up being another Alysia. If I had to fight someone that powerful, in my current state, there was no way I’d win.

I went to the room next to his, intending on seeing if there was some kind of peephole or something. Given the guy’s current attitude, he seemed like the kind of man who would do something like that anyway. Two seconds after stepping into the new room, I froze. From Sense Life, I hadn’t detected anything unusual about this room, but as soon as I stepped in, it became painfully familiar.

“A safe room? Here?”

I never expected that a safe room would just be sitting around in an enemy keep. I supposed as a dungeon, safe rooms could be anywhere. Did I miss out on a safe room at the previous keep? There was a kiosk as well. I wanted to go register, but just before I touched it, I remembered that these kiosks seemed to have challenges. I didn’t have time to worry about that. Rather, my focus should be on protecting the princess.

As I looked at the wall adjoining the room the princess was in, I saw something almost as good as a hole. I saw another dungeon mural.

48