Chapter 718
2.3k 4 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I never imagined that the battle I had with Bernard would end up being a battle over Carmine. However, it was a battle I absolutely wouldn’t allow myself to lose. The thought of losing her tore at my heart, and every second she was in his hands was like torture. She may have been infected by miasma, but she was a Paladin. She had to have some kind of resistance to that. I couldn’t allow her to become the Princess Sophie who fell for the Demon Prince. She needed to remain my Carmine, the slave, Paladin, and champion who I had a link with for months now.

I had promised myself that I would take my relationship with my slaves more seriously. In the past, I had pushed Carmine and her sister to the side, but I realized I couldn’t take advantage of people’s feelings like that anymore. My only hope to keep myself from losing everything was to appeal to the Carmine that I knew. She was a girl who valued stuff as much as people. She was a bit shallow and was also vain. However, she did have an inherent desire to protect people, and she genuinely wanted to be a good person.

“Don’t listen to this devil’s sweet words, my love!” Bernard cried out. “I love you.”

“Ew.”

“What?”

“Ahem… I mean… my body and mind feel like they’re being torn apart!” Carmine cried out. “Princess Sandra…”

“Sophie.”

“Princess Sophie… Carmine… I don’t know who I am. Please, Master… you must tell me all the things you’ll give… ahem… I mean how much you care or I might be lost forever!”

My mind was filled with rage and worry, so I didn’t see any signs but to take her words at face value. I took a step forward, but Bernard held up his blade menacingly.

“Stay back!”

“Please! Carmine… I don’t want to be without you!”

“Ah…” She let out a little noise, then covered her mouth. “I mean… I-I think… I love Bernard…”

Rage exploded inside me again. “I won’t allow it! I will steal you back, and I will have you, and I will make it so your body responds only to my touch. I will have my way with you until my body is the only thing your body remembers.”

“See… Princess Sophie! He’s a beast! Ah… you’re drooling!”

“Hah… Hah… Ah, s-sorry!” Carmine, looked away. “It seems… that I have become Bernard’s love forever. So, Master will just have to do those things…”

“I won’t let him!” Bernard screamed, seemingly finally realizing that Carmine was playing with him and shoving her to the side while he lifted his sword. “Ultimate Destruction!”

A surge of power exploded around him, quickly building within his blade. I held up my sword, but his attack was far quicker and polished than I could do, and I had a feeling I wouldn’t be able to block it even as I held up my blade. Without Carmine defending me as a fully armored Paladin, there was no way I could stop this.

He truly wasn’t holding back at all. All of my anger and frustration finally fluttered out as common sense returned to me. I had been screaming and yelling in an enemy fort, fighting with the Demon Prince over a woman. I started to feel caution again, but Bernard was already racing at me with his sword raised.

“Oops.” Carmine, put out a foot, which Bernard hit as he lunged toward me.

I sidestepped as the man stumbled and then fell right out the window behind me. He fell out the castle tower and plummeted to the ground with a scream and sudden tremor of thunder as his skill backlashed. When the smoke cleared, I heard a yell.

“Caarrrrmine!” He screamed from down below. “Guards! Get the intruder and kill him!”

“We need to go!” I ran out and grabbed Carmine’s shoulder.

“Wh-what about all the other stuff…” She asked, her fingertips pushing together and a face filled with red.

“No time!”

“Fooey!”

51