Chapter 724
2.4k 2 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The new text was the only thing that was on the door now. Apparently, these challenges were a bit more interactive than I thought if they could detect something like cheating. The worst part though was that it said I had to complete both challenges, but it didn’t tell me what those challenges were. I tried to remember what I had seen. I had written down Carmine’s challenge, so it was in my mind a bit fresher.

In the darkness, you will walk. Light will not save you. Only a vigilant man can live. Proceed cautiously.

That sounded a lot like my first challenge! I wondered if these challenges had nothing to do with where you started and everything to do with how many you were done with. The 1st one had to do with sight. Although, in my case, I had to blind myself from horrifying illusions, and in her case, she was blinded by darkness.

Okay, so I’d be facing some challenge in the dark. However, what was the second hint? I had only barely glimpsed it before I had had the great idea to help her. I managed to only recall one line.

Keep your eyes open.

What was with these and eyes? I guessed if the first one was some kind of blindness, then the second one meant you had to see something. If my guess was right, then I’d be shown something I didn’t want to see. Maybe, it’d be a friend being killed. Maybe, it’d be some terrifying monster. Either way, if I looked away, I’d die. I’d have to watch the item steadily, or I’d perish.

I took a breath and entered the room. The door shut behind me, plunging me into darkness. Then, I could see something right in front of me. It looked like… it was all just darkness. I started to walk forward, a strange feeling welling up in front of me. I could hear shouts, some of them sounded female and some unpleasant crunching noises, but the entire room was dark. I couldn’t see any of it.

One mission plunged me in darkness, while the other showed me some horrific vision I had to walk through. Did the maker of this challenge not think things out too well? He decided to punish cheaters with a double challenge but the challenges canceled each other out! I still felt a strange uncomfortableness until I reached the end. There was a flash of light, and then I was on the other side, in the treasure room.

I couldn’t believe how simple it had been, but I couldn’t deny it either. Their attempt at doubling up my challenges had made them unbelievably easy. I opened up the treasure box and looked inside. Inside the chest was a vial. I picked it up and examined it. It was called Star Potion.

{Star Potion – a potion created with stardust. Effects unknown.}

“Hey, what is with this mysterious gift? How can I even use such a thing?”

I was still complaining in my heart as I hit the kiosk and returned to the safe room. I found Carmine already there. She looked like she had been through a bit of a fight. However, she appeared to be holding a bright, shining shield. I guessed that it was called the star shield.

“I-I thought a simple glow spell would be fine…” Carmine said tearfully.

“As long as you’re safe.” I used the kiosk to transfer to the ruins, then switched with Carmine and did it again.

Like that, the princess had escaped the keep and the demon prince. Perhaps, it was a little too easy though?

52