Chapter 766
2.1k 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I didn’t have my miasma affinity, but I wouldn’t need it if I was producing my own. The miasma I made through my spells was peaceful and didn’t affect me at all. Even if it did, as a white mage, I had many means of countering miasma, and as a Demonic Knight, I had even more ways of ignoring it.

If we filled the cave with miasma, we might be able to smoke them out. If enough miasma gathered, monsters would spontaneously be created. So, it’d be a mental attack, affecting their emotional and psychological state, it would blind them, and then there was a chance of monsters. I admit I had never concentrated miasma with the intent of making monsters though, except through the use of my dungeon.

“Alright, let’s try it out.”

There were two guards at the cave entrance, completely hidden and waiting in ambush. I took out one while Garnet took out the other. We tried to do it as quietly as possible. Once they were gone, I moved to the front of the cave. I could only detect a few faded red dots in their depths. They were too far in to see us or to realize what was happening.

I pulled out all of the mana and waters of life potions I had acquired recently. One good thing about an ancient dungeon on a battlefield, there was no shortage of curative supplies. I had spared a bit of fairy dust and made several jugs of waters of life, so I could drink it during difficult battles, but other than that, I hadn’t used any of the resources I had acquired since coming here.

Once I had prepared things, I raised my hand and started to create miasma. It was much like the create water spell, except that this was a gas. I couldn’t make it go anywhere and it sort of just drifted in the air. I had to simultaneously use a wind control to make sure that the miasma made it into the cave. Keeping a gentle wave carrying miasma into a place where it could escape. I continued to produce miasma as quickly as my fingers would make it.

It was two hours before I needed to start drinking something to keep my mana up. At first, Garnet had been pumped, holding her hammer fiercely and acting like she was going to protect me with her life. However, that ended after fifteen minutes, and now she was lying on a grass tuff, looking extremely bored. Another hour passed by, and while I was steadily taking sips of waters of life, she made a noise and approached me.

“How much longer is this going to take.”

“If I hadn’t spent countless hours filling and creating the fairy spring, I’m not sure if I would have had the patience to do this either. It was an unpleasant experience, acting basically as a mana conversion conduit to change mana from one thing to another.

I was about to answer her when I heard a noise from within the cave. There were footsteps and the sounds of someone coming.

“Boss says he detects something off about the atmosphere in the cave.”

“I didn’t ask why the entrance needed to be checked, I asked why we were the ones who had to check it!”

I grabbed my blade and moved to the side. Garnet got up and similarly took a flanking position on the other side of the cave. We watched as the two men left the cave. Their eyes instantly caught the lined-up potions on the ground where I had been sitting. They walked out to look at them.

“Who left these… wait… ahhh!” We descended on and cut the two men down.

Whether they were dungeon monsters or real people, I had gotten over killing when necessary. Ever since I had killed Lord reign’s Knights, I had accepted that I’d have to kill people from time to time, so the best I could do was be efficient so they didn’t feel pain.

“This is when things get messy,” I told Garnet. “If these guys don’t come back in a few minutes, they’ll be alert.”

“Then, what do we do?” Garnet asked.

I touched the bandit’s forehead, and his karma flooded into me. “We tell the boss that things going according to plan.”

44