Chapter 776
2.1k 3 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, you know that I can take you on as my slave?”

I still had the Slave Taker ability, so for all intents and purposes, I could make her my slave. Without the tattoo, I could lose her as my slave just as easily. Thankfully, it seemed like there was no Slave Masters in the demon castle, as Carmine was still bound to me.

“You’re not the first Slave Master I’ve ever met.” She responded. “I know they have various methods to get what they want.”

“Then, I suppose we should proceed.”

There were multiple ways that I could amplify her status. I was a supporting character at heart. As much as I liked to wave my sword around and try to be strong, the basic truth was my greatest strength was to support others. Slave Master was just one of the abilities I had. There was also Hero, which often had skills that supported my party. True Hero, incidentally, didn’t concentrate as much on party modifiers and sat mostly in explosive strength and self-sacrifice.

I supposed that was the difference between a Hero and a True Hero. Heroes fought fires, crime, or saved lives in a crisis. They worked in a team for the betterment of man. True Heroes worked alone, giving their lives for the greater good. Either way, if I put her in my party and equipped Hero, I could amplify her skills a bit. Then, there was Harem Master, which allowed me to boost abilities based on their relation to me.

Although I planned to use Hero and have her in my party, I couldn’t guarantee that would be enough. After all, I hadn’t been leveling Hero much until recently, concentrating more on the higher-tier True Hero. As for Harem Master, I wasn’t inclined to add her to my harem. We might be friends, but we weren’t lovers. There was no guarantee on how much it would work, even if we had sex. Plus, without my blessings, Harem Master’s amplification of status wasn’t that much. Slave Master was the only job with a clear correlation.

I lifted my hand and began to use the Slave Taker ability. I wasn’t sure who her slave handler was. Lord Reign did own slaves. I had no doubt he was the one who controlled Raissa. Whether he was a puppet of Lord Aberis at the time, I didn’t know. However, he could have his Slavers control his slaves. Normal people without jobs had limits to the number of slaves they could control at any given time and thus needed to have Slavers. It was also possible that Lord Aberis himself was in control of her, but I doubted that. He’d be too afraid of exposing himself, and someone with God-eye would identify him as her Master instantly, thus defeating his hiding for the last few years.

It didn’t matter though. No matter how strong the person in charge was, they were not on the same plane of existence as the pair of us. I couldn’t even detect my slaves in another world, so it reasoned that Lord Reign’s control over Garnet was minimal at best. The Slave Taker ability worked with ease. I could feel the bond changing from them to me almost instantly. A few moments later, I could feel her bond. It was comforting to have someone nearby again that I could feel. I hadn’t realized how much I missed it when Carmine was taken away.

“Did you suddenly become more attractive?”

“I did not.”

That was probably my Slave Charm Up kicking in. She was the first girl to mention it. It’d be even worse if I had my blessings. I had already gotten over obsessing about the implications of charm. An attractive or charismatic person didn’t worry if women fell in love with them easier than an ugly or socially inept man, so I wouldn’t think too much about charm.

“Alright then, let’s make history.”

47