Chapter 793
1.9k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This was an aspect of dungeons that I had never known about before. I had become a Dungeon Master, and had even constructed my dungeon, but I had never known that dungeons could fight each other. As I created more miasma and conquered the will of monsters, I had staked a claim on this dungeon. I was now officially a Dungeon Master of the Twilight Dungeon. There were two of us now, and until one of us won, the dungeon would be in a state of conflict.

At that moment, I only owned a small slice of the dungeon, but that could change. Of course, I had some worries. The true Dungeon Master had to be aware that I was staking a claim on his dungeon. This would draw his eyes straight to me. That meant that I needed to move faster, and couldn’t afford to waste time. The dungeon would be reacting to my presence now.

Like I had once done when I took the fort at the mouth of the valley, I moved up from species after species. Once I had giants helping out with captures, I was able to capture more and more. While the giants did the heavy lifting, I had the bandits go out, and used them as points to create a Portal to and claim the rest of the Map. Two weeks went by like that, and I had managed to complete more challenges and win more pieces of Star Armor along with other various potions as I unlocked the entire safe room network.

I didn’t know why exactly, but I felt a calling like I had to defeat the safe room Dungeons to truly gain control of the dungeon. The fact that my % seemed to be increasing helped encourage that belief. I also found the murals confirming what I had already predicted. Originally, the Prince ordered the sword, but when it failed, he helped the humans rise against the demon lord while he tried to do a coup. The fact that he was the original reason the humans were having such a high level of unrest when he kidnapped the princess wasn’t addressed. This all ended up culminating on the day the wedding, where the humans attacked, and the Prince unsuccessfully tried to murder his father.

I also started to collect demons. At first, we raided a few villages. I initially had some hesitation in capturing real people. When I infected them with Karma, they didn’t register as a monster. However, they acted obediently, and thus I incorporated the villages into our rank. The fit were trained to use swords. The craftsman were put to work. We needed cooks, swords, armors, and potions. I didn’t just build an army; I built a war machine. Blacksmiths and Alchemists worked around the clock and we stripped the countryside for supplies as the army became better equipped every day. The Bandits had grown to three hundred fighting men, and the monsters were reaching a thousand. I had conquered 8% of the dungeon.

I still wasn’t able to make my own monsters though. Back home, it had required pooling together a bunch of miasma. Doing that here would only be counterproductive. Thus, I was only able to peel away the existing dungeon one layer at a time.

“Boss, we found a monster. It killed two giants and several giant wolves. It meets the parameters you suggested.”

I made an annoyed sound at the loss of fighters, but my eyes grew fierce as I listened to his words. I had finally discovered one of the dungeon bosses. It was time to get serious.

36