Chapter 801
1.9k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While I had been running around leveling and creating the Silvthril blade, the story in this dungeon had continued to move on. That story didn’t involve individual people so much as it involved armies. It spoke of skirmishes and battles, most of which I had kept away from. As a single person, it would be really easy to die in a large-scale battle. I wasn’t so foolish to get involved in one of those, especially before I had an army at my back.

The safe rooms had told the story of these battles, which chronicled a human uprising that ultimately ended up squashed by the Demon King. When was the final battle? It happened a few days before the wedding. This was when the humans surrendered and the nation fell.

This date was important in the history of the continent because that country that fell would end up laying the groundwork for the demon realm. The demon lands of the north weren’t always demon lands. A long time ago, there were countries whose names were long forgotten. Even this dungeon didn’t remember what the name of the country they were fighting for was.

That country had been the one who had allowed the Demon Lord’s castle to rise. Some say that when the demons emerged from the dungeon and seemed so much like humans, the humans had tried to welcome them. They had met them with peace at first, trying to welcome them as a new species to their world. That new species turned invasive, tensions grew, and it was ultimately the demon lord’s son who kidnapped the princess and caused the country to revolt and try to destroy the demon’s castle.

Unfortunately, the country lost, and the demon realm was formed. With the support structure of an entire country, they started invading new countries, spreading until the state of the demon realm ended up looking like what it did these days. At least, that was my current understanding of things based on the few tidbits I had heard from Xin and my observations. Most of this happened so long ago, that even records in Aberis didn’t contain much information about it.

Point being, the skeletons that I had originally allied myself with when I first entered this dungeon over two months ago had been scattered, but not defeated. Although they lost the fort, reinforcements arrived and they were still waging skirmishes to this day. It was for this reason that I was able to build such a large army myself, as the majority of the Demon King’s forces were still dealing with the revolt.

Since agreeing to work together, Xin had provided me a lot of essential information. She gave me the locations of the remaining Safe Rooms, for example, which was why I was able to piece together the majority of the story, as well as complete the rest of her challenges. She didn’t know why I wanted to do that, so I only told her it was for personal training.

In this case, she had managed to tell me where the command center of the skeletons was. This was the remaining forces of the human rebellion. They were still outside the mouth of the valley and hadn’t made any progress in two months. In a little less than ten days, their forces would end up attacking the mouth of the valley and would finally be wiped out.

It was time to change all of that.

37