Chapter 804
1.9k 3 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We were still a little more than a week away from the beginning of the final battle between the humans and the demons historically, and a little less than two weeks away from the wedding. Although I had felt like I had been in this dungeon forever, it had supposedly only been a bit less than three days on the outside. Yet, I had changed so much since I had been in here. I wondered if my girls would even recognize me when they saw me next. While I wasn’t so much worried about their current conditions, I realized that I was starting to miss them.

The army began heading toward the mouth of the valley. In the real world, or maybe just the past cycles, the undead would march on the fort in the mouth of the valley and capture it. They then began a blockade, demanding the return of the princess. They wanted to block all trade into the valley, and eventually leave the Demon King desperate. Instead, he built an army and attacked the fort, using similar methods to defeat them as Bernard had used on me. That was to say they had a secret area where a small contingent of warriors remained magically hidden until they snuck out at night and let the army in.

Of course, the human forces were more than just the fort, but after a brutal three-day battle around the mouth of the valley, they were finally forced to surrender. The surviving general was dragged before Lord Aberon. Part of their surrender was that they must bear witness to the wedding between the princess and the Demon Prince and let the people know who their new leaders were. They were patsies used to break the morale of the human resistance. So, one can imagine why I didn’t hold too much respect for the man I just replaced, who ended up betraying his people and was probably responsible for the wars going on until this day.

Despite that, I saw no reason to change history. The one nice thing about karma, is that while I was wearing it, the dungeon couldn’t tell the difference between me and the dungeon monster I stole the karma from, especially if I acted like I was supposed to. In this case, I was moving a day early, but that probably wasn’t enough to cause the dungeon to worry.

I marched the army up to the mouth of the valley and, like my predecessor before me, began to lay siege on the fort. I had already taken the fort once before, but I had depended on Portals and underhanded tricks. If I did that this time, the dungeon might be able to tell, and thus the Dungeon Master would know where I was and retaliate. Thus, I was taking it old school. It was a bloody, difficult battle, and I did my best to mitigate the damage, but I kept to my role as general.

“Master, the battle has begun.”

Those words came from Garnet through Slave Communication. Unlike Carmine, whose communication with me was somehow silenced while she was in the Demon King’s castle, I could hear her clearly. She wasn’t talking about my battle, where we had been fighting for a few hours now. Rather, she was talking about my army of monsters and bandits. Monster Tamer skill, level 40, Monster Sight was engaged. After taming so many enemies, I had gained many levels, and one such level allowed me to look through the eyes of my tamed monsters.

I could see them racing against an army of demon soldiers. This is where Aberon thought I was. While Xin, who seemed to be able to avoid his sight, ran that battle, the plan we devised after many careful nights of planning began to unfold.

40