Chapter 833
1.9k 3 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I left the girls, who had complicated looks on their faces. I knew they just wanted to keep me safe, but preventing me from doing what needed to be done was not going to achieve that goal. I had to be decisive and quick. There was no saying when Lord Reign would make his move on us, and his actions could destabilize Aberis. I was thinking about the bigger picture here.

The only reason I gave them a half-hour is because I needed time myself. The first stop I made was the Adventuring Guild. Since I was going after bandits again, it only made sense to bring Ruby along. I went in and asked for her. A few minutes later, it was the Guild Master who came out. He had a pleasant expression on his face.

“What is it?” I asked. “Where is Big Sis?”

“Ruby won’t be able to join you in the upcoming quest. Fortunately, she won’t need to.” The Guild Master pulled out a coin that resembled the Knight’s token and the Hero token which gave people those jobs. “That is an Adventurer’s Token. You get one after you’ve reached individual rank C. I just didn’t have an opportunity to give it to you earlier. The Adventurer’s Token can be used to unlock the Adventurer job. I’ve never mentioned this token before because most people aren’t interested in the Adventurer job.”

“Really?”

“Well, think about it. Why would you lose a job like Knight or Swordsman for a rather weak tier one job? I’ve come to realize you’re a bit different though, and this may have some use for you. You needed a new adventuring card too, right?”

“Ah! Yeah…”

All of the stuff that had been in my Inventory had disappeared after my split. I still had my Inventory skill, and no one had been able to explain what happened. The Adventuring Guild Card was something that had disappeared with it. He brought out a new card and had dripped some blood on it. He then used some kind of magical artifact. When he was done, he handed it back to me.

“I will waive the fee for the lost card, considering the circumstances.” He chuckled softly. “Technically, we’re supposed to do a resurrection service with you now. F-rank and E-rank are only covered when they’re on a mission, but once you reach D, we will resurrect you off mission, barring some kind of stop order. As a noble, you don’t need those services though.”

I shrugged. “I’m covered.”

I had completely forgotten about the adventuring resurrection service when I got life insurance in the capital. Either way, it was nice to have the girls covered too. They only did a resurrection check once a day, but I made sure all of our lives were secure, even though once Miki or I were resurrected, we could do it ourselves. You could never be too careful. The castle also guaranteed my resurrection as a noble, and now it looked like the guild did as well. That was assuming Miki didn’t resurrect me moments after learning I died. I guess I could say my soul was in good hands.

“You are now an A-ranked Adventurer. Ruby indeed recommended S for you, but the guild didn’t permit me to make such an exaggerated jump. They said that it might seem like favoritism to an up-and-coming noble. Thankfully, since you’re an A-class, I can log you with advanced quests. I’ve rigged it that if you resolve the situation with the bandits, I should be able to get you promoted to S.”

39