Chapter 837
1.7k 1 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I don’t really understand.” Lydia frowned. “You already warned us she might have mood swings.”

I had brought Elaya up to the mansion where the girls were all packed for our journey. Salicia was looking as serious as ever, but the other girls were fairly relaxed. I had already drunk another potion, and returned to my male form. I sat to the side and let Elaya talk. She had explained that things might be more serious than they originally thought.

“It hasn’t even been a week yet since he chopped off a piece of his soul. He had done it to save the lot of you, but in the process, he also seemed to have saved himself as well.” Elaya explained. “What I hadn’t realized was that by cutting off his soul, Deek was also cutting off a piece of himself.”

“Himself?”

“I suppose I would be the one to understand this the best. I am not Elaya. I was created based on Elaya, and further refined by the soul fragments captured by the dungeon. My body, my form, and my personality were all shaped not by the true Elaya, but by the idea of her. I’m a reflection of how people had perceived her. Whether I am similar to Elaya, or not, well, that’s an answer we’ll never have, since that woman died long ago.

“When Deek severed me from the dungeon, and then resurrected me, he gave me life, but not Elaya’s life. My soul was created from memories and soul fragments. It’s a completely unique soul that didn’t exist before. In a way, that is the nature of dungeons. They shuffle things. They rearrange and reorganize life. Some believe this is destructive, like a cancer, but as someone who was born from a dungeon, I believe they are somehow necessary for life!”

“What does this have to do with Deek?”

“When Deek cut off a piece of his soul, only that small piece survived. He cut off everything he had to. In short, he cut off everything he associated with you girls. He needed to do so to sever the bonds. As a result, all of the things he placed with you, his decision making, his self-control, his sexuality, his insecurities, his emotional need and worry, those were the parts that survived. What he lost was his anger, his bravery, and his determination.

“When Miki saved him, she rebuilt his soul, cobbling what was left into something new. This Deek is as much the original Deek as I am the original Elaya.”

“You’re saying Deek is dead?” Lydia stood up, a flash of anger on her face.

“I’m Deek!” I said, feeling like I could cry.

“You are…” She said, reaching out and touching my cheek. “But you’re also injured. It’s not just your body and soul, but your very essence.

“Deek is Deek.” Lydia finally declared. “It doesn’t matter who Deek is, he will always be Deek!”

Elaya nodded. “In time, he may regain some of his old personality, but he will always be a bit different now. I just wanted you to all be prepared.”

“It doesn’t change anything!” Miki said. “I could see his soul back then, and I can see his soul now. It’s the same!”

“I love Deek!” Celeste cried out.

Shao nodded. “Deek has saved us all so many times. It’s time that I look out for Deek.”

Terra shrugged. “If Deek is hurt, we will just fix him. Always.”

With all the girls banding together, I felt a warmth inside. Together, we could handle anything.

39