Chapter 845
1.7k 1 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eventually, I had the girls opening Portals and leading the remaining people through the Portals to Deeksville. Regency was officially being evacuated. I promised them that they could always rebuild this city, but for the moment, the best option was to run. Once the bald lieutenant who had been keeping the militia fighting these last few weeks folded, everyone else quickly joined him.

There were just two people who happened to not be part of that conversation. That was the old man and his disciple. With a sigh, I prepared myself and walked into their tent. Thankfully, I didn’t walk into them having some kind of lustful scene. The old man was at a makeshift desk scribbling something, and Siti sat there, waiting patiently on her Master for any orders or insight.

“I’ve convinced the people of Regency to leave.” I stated. “We’re sending them out to another place where we can send away the weak and the injured to recuperate and get reinforcements. I have a plan for dealing with the Bandits.”

“You do?” Siti suddenly perked up. “You can get rid of them?”

“Ah, something like that.” I answered noncommittally.

I didn’t really want to explain that I didn’t plan to get rid of them, but use them for my fight against Lord Reign. These men had committed many atrocities, and there were a lot of people here and in Deeksville that would be much happier if they were killed and never resurrected or imprisoned for life. Unfortunately, wiping them out would just make my position in the west more turbulent.

“Very well.” The Grand Master said after a few moments of silence.

“So, are you coming with us?” I asked.

“I am not.” He said.

Siti gave me another apologetic smile.

“Why not?” I asked, feeling just a bit angry.

I really could use his help in the defense of that city. He may just call himself an entertainer, but in this country, he might very well be as strong as one of the generals. Since he was a magician, he was probably more versatile and thus more powerful than even them.

“Because we haven’t found the-“

“Siti!” This finally got the Grand Mage to turn, glaring at Siti.

She lowered her head, but a moment later she glared defiantly. “You might as well tell him! We’ve been searching for over a month now, and we’ve seen no sign of it!”

“What is it that you two are looking for?” I asked, my brow furrowing. “It’s the same thing the Bandits want, right? There is something hidden in this city? Is it a dungeon? Is there some kind of dungeon in this city with some great treasure?”

The Mage glared at Siti, but she glared back just as much. Finally, he sighed and threw up his hands.

“Fine… you want to tell him? Tell him!” He went back to writing, but his movements were much angrier now.

“We aren’t looking for a dungeon that is, but a dungeon that was.”

“Huh?”

“There used to be a dungeon where this city was built. It fell many years ago and collapsed. However, there were… stories about something the dungeon contained.”

“What is it?” I asked. “A soul-reaving dagger,” Siti said. “A dagger made of pure Malacrum! Just as Silvthril is the bane of all dungeons, Malacrum is the bane of all living beings!”

36