Chapter 855
1.6k 1 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Calypso entered the tent, all conversation immediately died. All of the girls of her harem became silent and turned toward the woman herself. She looked from woman to woman as if evaluating them. When her eyes fell on a girl, she stopped breathing and didn’t start again until her eyes passed. It had the feel like Calypso was looking into their souls. When her eyes finally landed on me, she broke into a wide smile that reminded me of a cat who had caught a bird.

“You’re awake. You left me feeling very worried.” She spoke in a voice that sounded oddly sincere.

“You… saved me?” I asked, trying to get a feel for this strange woman.

Calypso was a beautiful woman with dark midnight hair and a fair complexion. Her skin was milky and smooth, making her appear much younger than she was. Actually, I didn’t know how young she was, but it should at least be thirty years based on the towers size. Then again, that curse could have been implanted at any point, and there was no saying when the events of the tower occurred. They were at least long enough that the original Bandit Hero was forgotten one, and she was able to take on the name of the modern Bandit Hero.

Her eyes were just as dark as her hair, and she had thin eyebrows and small beauty mark just under her eyes. Those eyes contained an unfathomable depth and wisdom to them that was likely what unnerved the other girls. Her lips were a deep red, which darkly contrasted the rest of her body.  Furthermore, she had a shapely body, with decent-sized breasts and wide hips. She wasn’t shapely in a muscular way like Lydia, but in a succulent way as if her body was crafted to tempt men.

“I did, my little crumpet. You will have to repay me.” She smirked as if my words amused her.

“You… burned down Regency!” I cried out, surprised that she was speaking so unreasonably.

She raised her nails, long and painted black to her chin and ran a nail down her cheek while her grin deepened. “So? I could have left you to burn. Instead, I took you, gave you medicine, fed, clothed, and boarded you. You will have to work for me.”

“Work?” I asked incredulously. “Like her?”

I nodded to Salicia, who had still not moved even after I attempted to contact her several times. She continued to sit in the chair, staring straight ahead like she was a zombie. To that point, I hadn’t gotten a single reaction out of her.

“Her? Oh, no… nothing like her.” Calypso laughed. “She’s just a puppet. I prefer my women be… a bit more interesting. As for work, every girl is assigned a duty. Siti here has been taking care of you, but since you’ve recovered, you’ll both need new jobs. Some girls clean my tent, others brush my hair, hmmm… is there anything you can do, Deedee?”

“Deedee?”

“I told your name. I’m sorry.” Siti spoke up, giving me a significant look.

I nodded. “Ah, I see…”

Calling me Deek in this situation wouldn’t do at all. Still, she could have come up with something a little more unique than Deedee. She looked slightly guilty about it, but I remained focused on Calypso.

“You see… as long as you take care of my needs.” She smirked provocatively. “I’ll take care of yours.”

“What about her?” I asked, once again nodding at Salicia. “What do you mean, a puppet?”

“I mean what I said, she’s nothing but air.”

“She’s a person, and her name is Salicia!” I responded coldly, and then immediately bit my tongue.

I had said that impulsively. Calypso’s eyes darkened, and I regretted saying too much.

34