Chapter 863
1.7k 2 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Y-you’re a Dungeon Master.” I froze, staring at her in shock.

“You seem to know what that is. I’m very interested in your upbringing. A Dark Priest Cook with the potential of a Dungeon Master.”

I didn’t have the Dungeon Master job. I had the Dungeon Builder job, which was probably considered a second-tier job, if I had to give it a rating.”

“I… was trapped in a dungeon. I did what I had to.” I said in a shaky voice.

I wasn’t able to lie much, but what I said wasn’t a lie. I found it much easier to tell the truth, although even then, when I was intentionally deceptive, I still struggled a bit. Thankfully, she didn’t notice or didn’t care and only responded with a light nod.

“You won’t have to struggle anymore. I will teach you everything I know.”

“This… dungeon… you created it?” I asked nervously.

She shook her head. “No, I conquered it. Within this place, I am supreme. I’m aware of everything, everywhere. I can travel anywhere in an instant. Welcome to… Bandit’s Respite!”

She announced it like it was the name of the dungeon. When I had been carried in, I was unconscious, so I naturally couldn’t see the typical words offering me to destroy the dungeon. That was one of the reasons I hadn’t been certain. The other was that this first floor contained almost no miasma on it. It was no wonder none of the Bandits would betray her. If she had a full awareness, they wouldn’t be able to get away with anything.

However, if I was a Bandit like that, I’d probably run away. A leader that oppressive and all-knowing would be dangerous, especially since she kept sending them out to die. They could seemingly pop up anywhere, and would resurrect almost instantly. As those thoughts came to my mind, I gasped, covering my mouth. I was beginning to realize the implications of what she was saying. Her smile grew wider, but looked darker and more sadistic.

“Say it, what are you thinking, my little crumpet.”

I lowered my hand, trying to remain collected. “Those Bandits… I thought you just had a quick way of resurrecting them, but that’s not it. They’re dungeon monsters. They might have been Bandits once, but you captured their souls in this dungeon, and turned them into a miasmic army!”

“Keep going…” She smiled, seeming to enjoy the look on my face as I figured things out.

“Going… the… the dungeon… where is it?” I asked suspiciously.

“Where indeed.” She chuckled. “I can tell you, that it spreads across the west of Aberis.”

“That’s why… the dungeon has multiple exits all over the west. You’re able to send and release Bandits all over the countryside… that’s how you’ve been able to be so persistent! You’re everywhere all the time!”

“That’s right!” She chuckled. “I wanted you to understand the power I hold. With a snap of my fingers, I can send Bandits and beasts anywhere I want.”

“There is just one flaw.” I responded, causing her smile to flicker. “You’re trapped here. Your Bandits can’t leave the area around the dungeon!”

“That might have been the case once.” She responded tightly, “But… now that I have a Blue Mage, she can create Portals to send us all over. That’s why I said what I said. I may be a Dungeon Master today, but in time, I will do just like the demons did. My dungeon will grow and create a new land, the Bandit Land. I will spread my will all over the five countries, and I will become their god!”

35