Chapter 865
1.8k 1 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Either way, where was I? Oh, yes! I have limitations on the Bandits I can create. Although I can recapture their miasma and resurrect them quickly, I still lose a bit of miasma. However, that isn’t my biggest limitation. My biggest limitation is the size of this dungeon. Ultimately, the Bandits I create are only so powerful. Although they possess complete karmic souls, and are thus more powerful than normal dungeon mobs, and in fact aren’t even aware they’re dungeon creatures. 

“So… what are you trying to do?”

Since she seemed willing to tell me all of her plans, I would naturally keep asking. I had never imagined things would end up like this. I remembered a time when I thought the Bandit Hero was just some simple enemy on the service. It turned out that she had been affecting my life since a long time ago. From the moment I met Salicia, Calypso’s influence could be felt.

“Unfortunately, you can’t just send dungeon monsters down a dungeon and expect them to level. Miasmic creatures can only level by absorbing miasma. I could shove a few Bandits in a room with thick miasma and wait a few years, but I’m not so patient. However, do you know who can level?”

“Normal people?” My eyes widened slightly.

“Exactly. Any new Bandits in the group, I send them down into my dungeon and let them gain levels. In the short term, I can only create Bandits up to the level of the souls trapped inside. So, I let a couple of skilled bandits get up in level, and then wipe them out before they become a threat. That way, I’ll be able to summon stronger and more powerful Bandits.”

I nodded, but then looked at her suspiciously. “Why are you telling me all of this?”

“Come, I’ll show you.” She gestured, and we started to walk away from the cave before she decided to continue talking. “As it turns out, you’re also deficient in levels. I don’t intend to let you die and have your soul wasted as a dungeon monster, but I do need you to be more powerful.”

“Wait, you’re asking me to fight my way down a dungeon?”

“Relax… I have control of everything. This is my dungeon, after all. Every danger you face will be one I allow you to face. Besides, I will send you with a strong group of Bandits. I’ve just recruited them. They might be my strongest team yet. They will be able to keep you safe and level you. Of course, when they reach the boss level, I’ll be forced to kill them, but you will be spared.”

“A group of Bandits… and they won’t be controlled by you?”

I was just clarifying, but Calypso seemed to take it as having some kind of deeper meaning. She burst out laughing.

“I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that as a pretty girl being sent alone with a group of Bandits stronger than her, you might end up being assaulted!”

I actually wasn’t thinking that, but now I was! Seeing the worried look on my face, she raised her hand. “You need not worry. This won’t be a problem. I found a perfect group. They’re all women.”

“Women? An all-woman bandit group?”

Just as I was wondering, I felt a change in my bonds. The originally dull feeling of my girls being distant turned to them being extremely close. I had a sinking feeling in my gut. A few minutes later, it was confirmed as I was brought before Lydia, Miki, Celeste, Terra, and Shao… all dressed up in bandit attire.

“This is a notorious Bandit gang up north. They’re called Reign’s End.”

check; incomplete thought [dR1]

41