Chapter 868
1.6k 2 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It turned out the safe rooms weren’t just areas free of miasma and monsters, but they were dead zones for dungeons. As soon as someone entered a safe room, the dungeon’s perception of them was cut off. I had never seen it before, but supposedly even the monsters would lose sight of you as soon as you entered a safe room. I remembered in my first dungeon, Mina’s dungeon, running and barring the doors in desperation. It seemed like they were never going to break in and threaten us. It felt almost foolish in retrospect, but no one in that party had been a seasoned Dungeon Diver. It was exactly for that reason people like that existed.

Terra also revealed something else that was extremely interesting to me. In the event that a being with a full karmic soul sees you enter a safe room, they might be able to follow you. However, if they did, they’d be cut off from the control of the dungeon. Terra had never explained this to me, but when I brought her into a safe room for the first time, it was only then that she had begun to regain her mind. I had assumed she always had full control of her mind, but she explained that even she had been under the control of the dungeon.

It was likely the same for Celeste. However, Celeste wasn’t just being controlled by the dungeon, but her Fairy Queen mother. In that respect, she was only half controlled by the dungeon, and those chains were broken when she entered the safe room.

“Are you saying if we forced Bandits into the safe room, we could forcefully break their connection to the dungeon?”

I had managed to use Monster Tamer to break several monsters from their dungeon before, but simply forcing them into the safe room seemed a lot easier.

“I can’t guarantee it’d be permanent.” Terra admitted. “Once they end up in the dungeon again, they’ll be controlled once again. Plus, this only works on dungeon monsters with a strong sense of self. Most of these Bandits, with the amount of damage their souls have taken, would likely just turn feral and attack anything that moved.”

I let out a sigh. So, it was like that. Anyone who was strong enough to be able to take advantage of being freed by a safe room would also be the kind of person you couldn’t easily force into one. For every other creature, without their connection to the dungeon to feed them a sense of command and purpose, they broke down mentally until the connection could be restored. Talk about the safe room interested me on many levels. Specifically, I wondered if entering a safe room could fix my current miasmic poisoning.

I also wondered about the safe rooms in my own dungeon. I was able to sense them. However, I also never became the Master of my own dungeon. I guess, it should be a given, but I made Elaya the Dungeon Master. She also seemed to be aware of the safe rooms, but perhaps it was the difference between knowing where they were and knowing when someone disappeared from your perception, as they must be in them isn’t the same as seeing them. Scientists can’t see black holes, but we know they’re there from the effect they cause. It might be something like that.

There should be a safe room hidden on the first floor. However, if we all went to it, Salicia would assuredly be suspicious. However, no one would question a group of dungeon divers stopping when they had time. The 5th floor really would be the best floor to stop.

I gave Lydia and Shao orders to go out tonight and scout to find this floor’s safe room. I wanted them to register for the first-floor kiosk. Being able to return to the 1st floor suddenly without Calypso realizing it might be a trick that would save our lives.

We eventually all ate in an awkward silence, and then I went to bed. The next morning, dungeon diving would begin.

39