Chapter 882
1.5k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I was pulled down, I was able to get a better look at the monster. It wasn’t an octopus. It had far more tentacles than that. As for the mouth, it was round and filled with teeth. If I had to give this creature a name, I would probably call it a Kraken.

At this point, I no longer cared about maintaining appearances. I was much more concerned about maintaining my life and the lives of my girls. Thankfully, the skills that seemed like they would be most useful in my current state were the Dark Priest skills. I began to target the Kraken with Weakness, Steal Life, and Drain. My goal was ultimately to weaken it as much as possible. I had a feeling that Miki was doing the same.

After all, rather than crush her or throw her in its mouth, its arm had seemed oddly lifeless. Miki, someone who could attack the soul and mind of a creature, must have kept it from dragging her any farther. At this point, the light above me seemed to go out as a dark wave exploded out and struck the Kraken. Shortly after, there was another beam of shadows that cut through it. At least five tentacles were severed as it was cut.

Another bubble appeared around my head, and I was able to take a gasp of air. We were extremely lucky to have a Sylph with us. Her control of the air was at an unbelievable level. To a normal Adventurer, as soon as a bubble of air was struck, the majority of it would have scattered and floated up and away. Our Sylph managed to have precision-like control of several different bubbles of air, allowing them to withstand the pressure and keep us alive.

However, we couldn’t keep going forever. We did have a limited amount of oxygen, and it was being consumed much faster now that we were actively in a fight. Despite that, I was feeling extremely vigorous. This was because I was constantly stealing life from the Kraken. Even if I didn’t have air to breathe, I would likely remain alive thanks to this ability.

At this point, I noticed a large eye open just above the mouth. My immediate inclination was that it must be the weak spot.

“Target the eye!” I ordered through Slave Communication.

Another wave of dark attacks came out from Salicia and Shao. This time, they were targeted at the eye. They struck it and I could feel the entire creature shudder as it received massive damage. As was, this was only a 10th level boss. Although it was massive, and the difficulty was enhanced considerably because of where we had to fight it, it ultimately wasn’t that durable. With a final roar which I could feel through the water, the tentacles lost their grip, and the Kraken finally dispersed.

The drop confirmed that it was a Kraken. It was a Kraken eye. I wasn’t interested in it, but Miki was excited. It was a rare alchemic ingredient.

Although the fight occurred suddenly and had caught us off guard, we had managed to pass through it without much more difficulty.

34