Chapter 890
1.5k 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So, that was why Xin had attacked the King all those years ago. The baby inside her must have taken control of her for a moment and made her attack him. That was also why she probably fled the country. There was just one thing off about her words.

“How long were you pregnant? Xin was already pregnant twenty years ago.”

“What did you say?” Her eyes widened, and then she clenched her teeth. “His soul must have not been damaged, either by having had practice or the fact that those that defeated him were too weak and inexperienced. He must have been able to reincarnate right away. Once he enters the baby, the birth cycle is normal, so that means he’s already been born and has existed for the last 20 years! At this point, he must be a young man.”

“This is a threat that encompasses everybody,” I said. “Why don’t we work together?”

This had been my original goal. I had intended to talk to the bandit leader and convince them to cooperate with me. Of course, as time progressed, I had thought that would be impossible, but now that I knew that Calypso’s true goals aligned with my own, I couldn’t see any reason we couldn’t work together.”

“Together?” Calypso looked over at me hesitantly.

“As you said, my girls are strong. I’ve been building an army, plus I have the trust of the future king. If we reveal what is happening, he’ll help. I had always wondered why Osteria had been so hostile to our country. Now that I know their hero is the mother of the Demon Lord, and her son likely is in some political position, then we can’t stand by and allow this new country to fall!

“I don’t just have an army, but I have a lot of powerful friends as well. You’re not the only one with a dungeon.” Her eyes flickered as I said this. “Together, we can destroy this threat. What about it?”

She continued to stare at me for a few moments, and then threw back her head and laughed. “Haha… you, want to work together?”

“Yes?” I frowned. “What’s so strange about that?”

She wiped a tear from her eyes, still giggling. “Just the irony of your statement. I had very much the same idea. From the beginning, I had planned to make use of Chalm and all of your resources. Once I had the knife, it was always my aim to seek you next. It’s just wonderful when everything just falls into your lap.”

“Okay…” The way she said those words had a slightly menacing tone that made me uncertain.

“I should say that I know how your soul was torn asunder and you were turned into a woman. Your soul power is now exceptionally weak, but your body is so strong and full of so many secrets.

“Wh-what?”

“When you were a man, I fought with how I was going to manage to conquer your power and make it mine. Now, the answer is quite simple. This body has grown old and tired. Keeping it young and beautiful requires countless sacrifices. However, your fertile young body will be perfect for my future conquests! I will become you, and take everything that you have!”

36