Chapter 892
1.5k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To destroy a soul, even a weakened soul, required a great deal of effort. If possessing someone else was easy, then any high-level person could cause a great deal of grief by jumping from one body to the next. Even Calypso, in the boss room of her dungeon, being supported by the strength of the entire dungeon, would need to work hard to forcibly destroy a soul while it was still within the body, and then subsequently inserting her own into it.

One such way would be to repeatedly damage the soul. If she used something like the knife though, there was no guarantee she wouldn’t kill me. Once I was dead, she wouldn’t be possessing a new living body, but a corpse. However, I already had an extremely weak soul, and I had also been further damaged by her knife, having spent weeks with my soul suffering more and more damage. It could be said that of anyone, I was most ripe to have my soul reaped in this manner.

She had taken no risks. She exhausted me mentally, dragged me down to the lowest point of the dungeon, and the place where she was the most powerful. Then, she gave me emotional blow after emotional blow. Each step had been meticulous and showed just how conniving and intelligent the Sorceress Calypso truly was. It was a sure-fire plan. I could see all of this. I didn’t know if Dark Priest was offering me insights into her style, or if I just reasoned it out as I saw my death come closer and closer, but I knew all of this.

However, that wouldn’t stop those attacks from working. Just because I knew she was trying to destroy my resolve and ability to resist didn’t mean I could summon up the willpower. My defenses that were already weak started to cave one after another. My body started to be manipulated by the miasma. Soon, it would reach my soul, and then it would tear it apart from my body, causing pain beyond belief. In the end, I was simply too weak to resist.

“Die, weakling!” Calypso’s laugh filled the dungeon room.

“You’re wrong!” A voice exploded out from below.

Lydia was glaring up at her, blood running down her face, but with a fierce expression on her face.

“Oh?” Calypso smirked, unmoved by her sudden outburst.

“Master is our strength, not our weakness!”

“Little girl, you don’t know what you’re talking about,” Calypso responded, a smug expression on her face. “Although, I don’t dislike ignorant girls. It will be fun… educating you, once you’re in my harem. I will have fun playing with all of you once you are my slaves.”

“No!” Celeste exploded with wind currents, sending the majority of the Bandits flying away while skillfully avoiding all of her companions. “Master is my only master! I won’t have any other. I realized it. I may like women, but only Master’s women, and only because they are Master’s women. What Master wants, is what I want, and what Master doesn’t want, is my enemy!”

“Master is much stronger than you realize,” Terra called out, sending out numerous ground spikes, impaling Bandits.

“When I met Master, I was weak and sick. I didn’t have the strength to do anything.” Miki cried out. “It was Master who lent me his strength. Since then, my strength is Master’s strength. He gave it to me, and it’s only his to use!”

“Master is my soulmate! If you think you can wear his face, don’t blame me for cutting it off!” Shao shouted angrily, decapitating a Bandit with one knife while shaking her other at Calypso.

“You all seem to be under the belief that you have a choice! Do you think you have strength? Hmph! You are blind! I’ll show you true strength. Deek, it is time you die!” Calypso was finally standing now, a serious expression on her face.

Her hand made a claw and she tossed it out in my direction, clenching it. Pain exploded throughout my mind and body. I could feel a tearing in my soul. She had begun to rip my soul apart.

34