Chapter 895
1.5k 2 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although we were nearly fifteen feet apart from each other, we were in the middle of a violent fight to the death. Between the two of us, I looked the worse for wear. Having only just seized the miasma, she wasn’t even stressed at all. Feeling my resistance, she suddenly sharpened her miasma to a point. It felt like a blade. It was every bit as dangerous as the knife she had been wielding.

The miasmic blade hovered just above my soul, threatening to pierce through it. Meanwhile, I held back the blade with my miasmic control, but how could my control compare to a woman who had lived countless lifetimes. Not only did she birth a demon, but she had maxed out the job of Dark Priest and become a Dungeon Master. Just how had she managed all of that? It wasn’t that surprising considering how long she had lived.

To maintain her youth, she had used her Dark Arts and sacrificed virgin women! That’s why she had a harem of women. It wasn’t a matter of her being a hardcore lesbian, it was a matter of her having a source of fresh female vitality. In the same way, she needed me to be a woman to possess me, she also needed young women to maintain her youth and beauty. At least, that was what my intuition told me based on my limited levels in Dark Priest.

Without realizing it, I had progressed to a stage where I could glean this kind of intuition out of my jobs. This was normal for most people. Since they couldn’t see their progress without the aid of certain select skills, few people knew what they unlocked. They might occasionally look at levels to see their progress, but they would usually focus inwardly, using the intuition gained as their job leveled and they increased their experience.

How else would they have ever discovered the skills they had, let alone how to use them and what they are called, without depending on that information? They called it obtaining enlightenment, but because I had the Support Class and always looked up what skills I had, it took me a while to find this intuition. Perhaps it was the damage to my soul, and the change to my personality, that allowed me to finally start to feel these subtle changes.

As I focused more on inwardly using my intuition to understand my control of miasma, my control of it grew as well. This process might have taken weeks or months of reflection for someone normal. This could be accelerated with the Advanced Learning dungeon skills, but I had just unequipped those so that I could access as many miasma related jobs as possible. However, my understanding still grew rapidly. Calypso’s eyes widened as what was formerly a struggle turned into us being about at the same level.

The reason I advanced so quickly was extremely simple. I had a blessing that gave me miasma affinity! No matter how knowledgeable she was, I had an innate control of miasma that couldn’t be ignored. Instinctively, I began to learn more and more about this miasma. Finally, I reached a point where I thought of something crazy. I started to push back against Calypso’s miasmic blade, causing it to pull away from my body.

Now, she was starting to sweat, and open disbelief appeared on her face. Of anyone she knew, no one had such a powerful miasmic ability.

“I wanted to possess you because you had miasmic control like me. Your body is… suited for me. In fact, with time, I believed your body would gain better miasmic control than I ever did. Yet, you were just a seed. You should only be this powerful after I trained your body to my level… how, how are you doing this?” She said through gritted teeth.

“Like I’m going to tell you…”

“Fine…” She grimaced. “I’ll just cut your secrets out of you!”

She used all of her strength. The miasmic knife fell from my grip and slammed into my soul.

37