Chapter 906
1.5k 3 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement

This is my bi-annual survey. Every year, I look for feedback on my books and website. This helps me decide what I work on and how I divide my attention. If you have the time, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Here's the survey link. Thanks!

Those who participate in the survey will get a 50% OFF coupon for any ebook purchase on the Whatsawhizzer Store. Good for one purchase and redeemable until Christmas, Dec 25 2022.

“How does this differ from what Astria did to the Widow’s Dungeon?” I asked.

“For me, I only drained out the miasma a bit and sent it home,” Astria admitted. “Although I had weakened Elaya temporarily, my conversion was extremely inefficient. Not only did I lose most of the miasma in the process, but there was no way I could take the elements of the dungeon.”

“Elements?”

It was Elaya who explained. “As dungeons grow, they take on certain traits. You should know this best. Widow’s Dungeon held the trait of seduction.”

“Karr’s Dungeon held the trait of death,” Astria added.

Elaya nodded. “Your dungeon, on the other hand, is a blank slate, but because you have total control of it, any dungeon you’re able to consume in its entirety you can make your own power. This dungeon seems to hold the trait of strength. It exists to grind down a person’s stamina and challenge their fortitude. These Bandits, on the other hand, were created with a strong sense that the strongest is in charge.”

“So, if I’m able to absorb this dungeon, then I can make strength an attribute of my own dungeon?” I asked wonderingly.

“Mm…” she nodded. “You’ll be able to not only use all the mobs in this dungeon, but you’ll be able to infuse your levels with strengthening and weakening enchantments. You’ll be able to add horizontal levels and underwater levels. It will cause your dungeon building to grow by leaps and bounds!”

“Okay, then I’ll do it.”

That was all I needed to hear. Call me impulsive, but I’d rather just go ahead and do it and see what advantages it gave me. I had no reason to distrust these two on this. Elaya gave me the instructions. Slave Communication didn’t just transfer words, but it could transfer thoughts and emotions too. Elaya wasn’t a Slave, but she was a powerful enchantress, and seemed to be able to communicate in the same way. In many ways, it was a better form of communication than actually talking. Since I had to communicate with the girls the last week almost exclusively through Slave Communication, I had become extremely aware of this fact.

Now, Elaya was able to not just give me instructions, but include the feelings within those instructions. Strangely, it was much more informative. It wasn’t particularly difficult, and with Dungeon Builder reinforced by Dark Priest, it wasn’t too hard to figure out. Essentially, I was going to take all of the miasma in the dungeon, and forge it into a crystal. These crystals actually could exist in the world, especially with a dungeon that had been destroyed and buried, unable to resurface.

I remembered the pressure I felt when the entrance was cut off. Imagine a dungeon that experienced a sudden avalanche, cutting off its access. It would feel increasing pressure, and if it was unable to reach the surface, it would shatter and everything inside would die. Since the miasma couldn’t disperse, it’d slowly condense instead, eventually becoming such a crystal. If I ever found one in the future, I could use it to rapidly expand my dungeon. In this case, I was using my abilities to condense one, shortening what might have taken millions of years into a ceremony that took hours. Once she had finished teaching me the specifics, I raised my hands and began to harvest the Bandit’s Respite.

33