Chapter 973
1.3k 4 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

An army moved across the plains of West Aberis. Animals and people alike fled when they saw them approaching. The knights wore the armor of Aberis, but there was something wrong with the people sitting within that armor. Their skin was pale like death, and their eyes were black. They had demonic grins on their faces like they had lost all sanity. Life was right to flee because these creatures senselessly slaughtered any creature that got too close.  

Behind the army of knights, there were ogres, trolls, and other creatures that had spawned in the uninhabited mountains and wilderness. How these creatures were tamed and turned into soldiers for the army was anyone’s guess. A certain demon, shrouded in darkness, road a palanquin carried by various slaves. The slaves were encouraged to keep up. If one of them fell behind and was no longer able to do their duty, their fate was to be eaten by the monsters following behind.

“Is this true?” The man asked, seemingly talking to the air.

After a few moments of general silence, he burst into laughter. This caused the slaves moving forward to feel like ice was sliding up their spines. The man they were carrying along laughed horrendously for some time before finally settling down.

“What is it?” A woman kneeling at his feet finally asked.

Normally, he would have kicked her for speaking, but the man was still giggling to himself, and the news was much too juicy for him to just ignore.

“It would appear that Deek Deekson has returned to Chalm.”

The woman raised an eyebrow. “You already know as much.” 

“No, you misunderstand. It isn’t the woman known as Deedee… it’s the man I met in Twilight Dungeon.”

Her eyes widened in shock. “He escaped?”

“Mm… I thought him and his soul would have been shredded in the abyss. To think that he’d have a means of returning to this universe. It makes me very curious to unlock all of his secrets.”

“Isn’t this bad, though? You already had enough trouble facing one Deek. How will you be able to face two?”

He sneered. “I didn’t even bother to put out my full ability the last time we met. He could throw out a hundred Deeks, and it wouldn’t be enough to harm me. You should have realized that by now.”

“…” She lowered her head.

“Besides, I said Deek returned, but it turns out the two consider themselves enemies. My spies have already confirmed their hatred for each other. The two plan to fight just about the time I get there. I’ll be able to watch them battle each other to the death, and then I’ll clean up the remains.”

“R-really?”

“They barely even care about my presence. Perhaps, they don’t think me a threat. Fools. They will suffer and die. Perhaps, I will torture and rape the female. That will be amusing for a bit.”

“That can’t be why you’re so happy. As you said, you’d win even if they were combined.”

“True…” He nodded thoughtfully. “The reason I’m happy is because the sword appeared. The silvthril sword I went to so much trouble to obtain. I thought it had been lost. It had truly ruined my mood. However, it seems that Deek has it. No, rather, he’s conveniently brought it to this world for me. I had only regained just a bit of my happiness when you came and tried to kill me. This malacrum dagger you’ve delivered was the only reason I’ve been able to maintain my calm. I should thank you, mother.”

As he spoke up, he pulled out the dagger, dancing it back and forth in his hands. Calypso looked at it longingly, but she was now enslaved to him and he had given her many orders. Taking those two steps and snatching it would be completely impossible. She lowered her head. Her last bit of hope had been Deedee. Perhaps, she could pull off a miracle. However, now some man had interfered, and it seemed like they were too busy fighting themselves to understand the true threat.

“Soon, I will have both a malacrum dagger and a silvthril sword.” He spoke, almost to himself. “At that point, the world will be mine!”

23